Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Difficulty Of Learning
Diabetes In Children Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Dr Meghna Gupta is a very awesome and excellent doctor. She took my whole case history and then suggested me the medicines. Also she answered all my queries with patience. I am sure that I will be cured of my problems. I will highly recommend her to everyone
Winters approaching dear friends. Time to take care of yourself and your skin. It is important for men as well as women as winter can damage your skin, nails and hair.
Incorporate nuts in your diet,
Drink plenty of water,
Keep your skin moisturized, choose your moisturizer carefully,
Apply sunscreen when going out
Try not wearing socks while sleeping,
Use as less of heaters and humidifiers as possible,
Do not take showers with too hot water,
Increase your ghee intake a little bit in winters,
Jaggery is also very good as it provides warmth from inside,
Apply some ghee in your navel to treat chapped lips,
Before sleeping wash your face, hands and feet properly and apply glycerine mixed with gulab jal overnight.
Today my gynec applied podowart in genital area where warts located. Mostly my fear is I am carrying now 5 months of pregnancy. Pls tell me is it effects my baby or in future dangerous to me. What to do.
What is motion sickness?
Motion sickness (travel sickness, car sickness) is a general sense of not feeling well, nausea, vomiting, headache, and sweating that is caused by repeated motion. It develops when the inner ear, the eyes, and other areas of the body that detect motion send conflicting messages to the brain. Any type of transportation can cause motion sickness.
Children are more susceptible to motion sickness than adults. About half of children between the ages of 4 and 10 experience dizziness and nausea when travelling by car, airplane or boat. Girls tend to be more susceptible than boys.
What are the symptoms of motion sickness?
The most common signs and symptoms of motion sickness include:
- Increased salivation
- Pale skin
Homeopathy for Motion Sickness
In most cases treatment with homoeopathic drugs is necessary and in some cases, it is the only method of treatment as conventional treatment cannot offer a cure always. Merely treating Motion sickness on symptomatology basis has failed to give permanent relief. So a holistic approach considering the individualistic treatment to provide an improved understanding of the patient’s situation and to make it easier and possible to avoid recurrences in the future has to be kept in mind in treating such diseases.
In the context of travel, homoeopaths have some valid conclusions, regarding the holistic and individualistic approach to motion sickness. Homoeopathy takes the set of most distinct, individual symptoms into account, which are truly characteristic of the patient forming the basis of prescription which eventually leads to cure. It is hoped that useful information will be gained both on the entity of motion sickness, as well as the homoeopathic approach to its management.
Travel sickness is enough to ruin a perfect getaway, but thankfully homeopathic remedies prove to be very effective and are perfect to carry when travelling. Some of the common homeopathic remedies which can be used as companions when travelling are:
- Aconite: This is used when one faces excessive restlessness and fear along with high heat and an urge to cool down with cold drinks.
- Borax: Taken when symptoms arise due to a downward movement like during turbulence or sudden dipping of the plane. This sudden movement causes anxiety, fidgeting, distress and confusion. Also, helpful in people who are scared of the dip of the plane during landing.
- Cocculus: This can be taken when a person experiences symptoms of nausea, salivation, dizziness and wants to lie down in order to prevent vomiting. If the sight and smell of food makes a person unwell they can also take this medicine.
- Nux Vomica: This is used when a person feels nausea, syncope and a feeling of faintness along with being sensitive to even slight movements. In this the person is usually irritable. Other symptoms which are seen in this are constipation or indigestion and a splitting or severe headache.
- Petroleum: Used when person experiences nausea, headache, dizziness, cold sweat, vomiting, extreme hunger or eating disorder along with a feeling of being confused and angry. Usually this condition is worsened by nausea.
- Tabacum: This is indicated when people experience extreme motion sickness, to the extent of being pale and a saliva filled mouth. These people might suffer from the severest form of palpitations and nausea. Closing the eyes and breathing fresh and cold air helps to relieve the symptoms.
These are just a few of the commonly used Homeopathic remedies and are mentioned only to create awareness about the effectiveness of Homeopathic medicines in motion sickness. It is not advisable to resort to self-medication for any disease.
1. They can be acute that is can last for a short time or chronic that lasts for a long time or a latent infection that may not cause any symptoms at first but reactivates and resurfaces over a period of time.
2. Although each infection has its own distinct symptom, generally these symptoms include fever, swelling, redness, inflammation, burning, cough, diarrhea, fatigue, muscular pain, nausea, vomiting, rapid pulse or rapid breathing.
3. If the patient has severe headache, difficulty in breathing, painful swelling, and unexplained prolonged fever or cough, he or she should immediately consult a doctor.
Conventional drugs that are given to treat infections like antibiotics, antiviral, antihistamines and steroids have many side effects on the human body . They, on one hand hampers the digestive power of the system and on the other hand lower the immunity power of the body. In the long run, these medicines can have adverse effects on the body. Though conventional drugs suppress the disease for some time, the disease tends to resurface in future.
However, Homeopathy has been found to be a great success in treating both acute and chronic infections. The best part is that, there are no side effects of this treatment and the disease is cured permanently. Homeopathy also boosts our immune system so that the body naturally develops the strength to fight against infections in future, when foreign bodies invade. Homeopathic medicines have also proved to be effective as preventive measures against infections.
Some of the homeopathic medicines for the treatment of most common infections are discussed below:
1. Throat infections - Belladonna, Lachesis, Lycopodium, Phytolacca, and Mercurius are most commonly administered to cure throat infections.
2. Skin infection - Common homeopathic remedies are Sulphur, Calendula, Hypericum, Silica, and Hepar sulfuris.
3. Bladder infection - Berberis, Chimaphila, Hydrastis, Apis, Cantharis, and Sarsaparilla are commonly prescribed.
4. Stomach infection - Arsenic album, Nux vomica, Carbo veg, Lycopodium, and Pulsatilla are commonly recommended
5. Sinus infection - Kali bichromicum, Pulsatilla, Mercurius, Natrum muriaticum, and Allium cepa work well in cases of sinus infections.
Note: Although, the names of the medicines have been mentioned here, still it is strongly recommended that no medicine should be consumed without consulting a homeopathic doctor. The potency and dosage of the medicine will vary from person to person and can only be decided by a trained practitioner.