Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Submit a review for Aayna ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dark circles are also known as peri orbital dark circles. Dark circles are dark blemishes which appear around the eye. Dark circles can appear at any age although older people are more likely to develop it. They may appear due to anemia, fatigue, medications, allergies, ageing or due to genetic problems. Dark circles may be treated either naturally with various home remedies or through artificial treatment.
The nine remedies stated below are some of the ways to cope up with the problem of dark circles.
- Massage a few drops of almond oil mixed with a few drops of Vitamin E oil to the affected area and leave it overnight. Wash it off in the morning with cold water. Follow this routine for one or two weeks to witness the difference.
- Cucumber has skin- lightening properties along with mild astringent properties which help to reduce dark circles. Cut two round slices of cucumber and leave it on top of your closed eyelids for ten to fifteen minutes. Repeat this as often as possible.
- Tomato has bleaching properties and reduces dark circles. Mix one tablespoon of tomato juice with half tablespoon lime juice, apply to the affected area and leave it on for ten to fifteen minutes.
- You may also use refrigerated green tea bags and leave them on your eyelids for about fifteen minutes. It not only reduces dark circles but also rejuvenates the skin.
- Cold milk is also an effective agent for removing dark circles. Soak a cotton ball in a cup of cold milk, place it on the affected area for fifteen minutes and wash off with water.
- Rose water is also considered to be very useful in removing dark circles. Soak cotton balls in rose water and leave it on top of your eyelids for ten to fifteen minutes.
- Chemical peelings performed by dermatologists also help in removing dark circles. It exfoliates the damaged layer and leaves the skin rejuvenated.
- Intense Pulsed Light Treatment and laser treatment are also very effective in removing dark circles. Intense pulsed light treatment destroys pigment cells responsible for discoloration. It is a process where high energy light waves are used to reduce dark circles.
- Creams with alpha hydroxyl acids (AHAs) are also proved to be beneficial in removing dark circles.
Stress, lack of sleep and disturbed lifestyle are also responsible for dark circles. So, along with the above mentioned remedies following a healthy lifestyle will help you to combat the problem of dark circles. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Aging of the skin is a natural process that affects all aging individuals. It manifests itself in the form of skin wrinkling, sagging, discoloration and other visible effects. Such changes become more apparent as soon as one reaches late thirties or early forties but early onsets are now very common too, which can be caused by a number of factors.
Damage due to sun exposure is the primary cause of skin aging. It especially affects those who have lighter or fairer skin as the low melanin content in their skin makes it more prone to damage and aging.
Although skin aging cannot be entirely stopped or reversed, the process can be slowed down to prevent its early onset.
There are many ways of doing so through some simple lifestyle modifications such as the following:
- Avoid sun exposure : This is the most basic way of reducing the rate of skin aging and slowing down the process. While going out in the day cannot always be avoided, it is important to keep the skin covered with clothing, hats and sunglasses.
- Always wear sunscreen : This provides protection from the harmful rays of the sun (known as UVA and UVB). Making a habit of constantly applying sunscreen on all exposed parts of skin plays an important role in preventing skin aging. It is also necessary to use the right products, which should have an SPF rating or 30 or more.
- Eat healthy: Having a nutritious balanced diet can make a tremendous positive impact on your skin. Consumption of food items that are rich in vitamins, minerals and other nutrients is essential. It is also important to drink lots of water and fluids to stay hydrated. Junk food and sugary drinks should be avoided as it negatively affects skin health.
- Exercise regularly: Keeping fit through regular workouts and exercise improves the circulation of blood in the body and consequently, the supply of blood and oxygen to the skin. This keeps the skin healthy and young and prevents early onset of wrinkling and aging.
There are several other ways of preventing skin aging such as not smoking, avoiding the use of too many products and cosmetics, getting enough sleep, and always keeping skin cleansed and moisturized. Following these simple ways can effectively make your skin look younger and slow down the aging process.