I am taking thyrox 50 and my TSH is 3.88. II have heard that in Allopathy you have to take the medicine for life long but in homeopathy its not the case. I want to switch over to homeopathy. May I know the homeopathy medicine name which I can start taking instead of thyrox 50 for the treatment of thyroid and for how long I'll have to take the medicine?

I am taking thyrox 50 and my TSH is 3.88. II have heard t...
Lybrate-user, hypothyroidism is a condition occurring due to deficiency of hormone thyroxine produced by thyroid gland. Thyroxine is an essential hormone required for development and functioning of brain plus takes part in almost every single important metabolic reaction. Therefore, thyroxine has o be supplemented literally every day. Hence, treatment is for life time. Other than that there is no option. Unfortunately no substitute are available. So called cure claimed are really questionable. If you still want to try that medicine, choice is yours. Thanks.