I am 47 years woman tsh (thyroid tsh is 5.898) not new to thyroid, having it past 20 yrs, taking levothyroxine (euthyrox), use to take eltroxin first, what is best for me.

You can use any of them,preferably one which you have taken earlier.
Both are same. Increase dose by 12.5 mcg.
Yasmin ji, Thanks for the query. As you are on treatment for hypothyroidism, TSH should be ideally around 3 to 4 mU/L Therefore, present level of 5.898 mU/L is on the higher side, suggesting that hypothyroidism is not in control. Another aspect looking at our weight and height with a BMI of 30 Kgs/Sq meter you are already in grade 1 obesity. Your ideal body weight should be about 56 kgs, which means there is an excess of over 16 kgs. This also points to uncontrolled hypothyroidism. So there is a need to increase the dosage of Levothroxine by 12.5 to 25 mcg per day then check the TSH after 6 weeks. You will also have to take a restricted diet and exercise to reduce weight. If you have any questions please do come back.Thanks.