Hi Sir, My wife 42 years, has been diagnosed with cystic mass with thick fluid in posterior lip of cervix, which as assumed could be infected with nabothian cyst/abscess. Attending gynecologist has advised for conventional hysterectomy. My wife was being treated for painful & heavy bleeding & was given hormonal drugs and doctor was contemplating for dienogest / merina insertion. But, 5 days ago, this cyst/ abscess has been found. She's not having any fever or other complications except for menstrual periods. My question is whether my gynecologist is going in the right direction and should we go for the operation. Other parameters are o.k. She's not diabetic. Only problem is that she is anaemic. She's also a thyroid patient & is taking thyronorm 50. Please advise me and for which. I shall be grateful to you.

Your doctor is in right direction. Follow her up.
Hi, presence of a nabothian cyst is not a reason for contemplating hysterectomy. A mirena can still be inserted or oral hormones taken to control the heavy bleeding.
Do not think hysterectomy is required. If uterus ovaries are normal. You can go for cervical biopsy and if that is normal nothing is required.