Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Gynaecologists in India. You will find Gynaecologists with more than 41 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Gynaecologists online in Delhi and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Caesarean Section Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Termination Of Pregnancy Procedure
Treatment Of Pregnancy Problems
Well Woman Healthcheck
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Treatment Of Medical Diseases In Pregnancy
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Intra-Uterine Insemination (IUI) Treatment
Medical Termination Of Pregnancy (Mtp) Procedure
Gynecology Laparoscopy Procedures
Pap Smear Procedure
Urinary Incontinence (Ui) Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Samriti UppalYour feedback matters!
हम सभी जानते है कि गर्मियों के दिनों में खुशबूदार पुदीने कई सारे फायदे होते हैं।
सबसे पहला फायदा इसमें पाये जाने वाला औषधी गुण है। खाने में स्वादिष्ट पुदीना को अंग्रेजी में मिंट (Mint) कहते हैं। खाने के साथ अगर इसे जोड़ लिया जाये तो आपके खाने के स्वाद में चार चांद लगा देता है।
पुदीना लंबे समय से खाने के साथ इस्तेमाल होता आ रहा है। सभी प्रकार की ज़डी बुटियों में हरा व फ्रेश पुदीना सबसे कारगर होता है।
अगर किसी भी जूस के साथ इसे मिला लिया जाये तो ये आपको तरोताजा कर देता है।
पुदीना के औषधी गुण को लोग बहुत पहले से जानते हैं इसीलिये पुराने जमाने में भी कई प्रकार की बीमारियों में इसका इस्तेमाल किया जाता था। सीने और पेट के दर्द के लिये तो पुदीना रामबाण औषधी है। इसके अलावा कई लोग इसे दांतों को सफेद व चमकीले करने के लिये भी इस्तेमाल करते थे।
पाचन शक्ति में वृद्धि – पुदीना पाचन शक्ति को बढ़ाकर, पाचन क्रिया को दुरस्त कर भूख बढ़ाने में सहायक होता है। पुदीने की खुशबू मुंह में सलाइवा और पाचन एन्जाइम को ज्यादा बनाती है। जिससे पाचन क्रिया में तेजी से सुधार आता है।
अपने शरीर को रखें ठण्डा – पुदीना ठण्डा होता है। इसे खाने से शरीर के तापमान में कमी आती है और हम ठण्डा महसूस करते हैं।
अस्थमा से राहत – कई वैज्ञानिकों से शोध में पाया कि पुदीने के सेवन से अस्थमा दूर किया जा सकता है।
कैंसर से बचाव – कैंसर के मरीज को पुदीना जरूर खाना चाहिये इससे कैंसर से लड़ने की शक्ति मिलती है।
मुंहासों से छुटकारा – चेहरे पर पुदीने का लेप लगाने से मुंह के मुहासों से छुटकारा मिलता है।
पुदीना के अन्य गुण व फायदे —
- अगर आपके मुंह में बदबू आ रही है तो पुदीने की पत्तियों को रोज़ाना चबाने और पानी में मिलाकर कुल्ला करने से मुंह की बदबू तुरन्त दूर हो जाती है। इस तरह ये माउथफ्रेशनर के जैसे काम करता है।
- किसी चोट या घाव पर पुदीने का लेप लगाने से घाव जल्दी ही ठीक हो जाता है।
- गर्मी में लू लगने पर पुदीने के रस को प्याज के रस के साथ मिलाकर पिलाने से जल्दी आराम मिलता है।
- पुदीना, प्याज का रस, नींबू का रस बराबर-बराबर मात्रा में मिलाकर पिलाने हैजा होने पर बहुत फायदा करता है।
- यदि किसी को उल्टी हो रही है तो पुदीने का रस हर दो घण्टे में पिलाने से रोगी को आराम मिलता है।
- पेटदर्द होने पर पुदीने को जीरा, हींग, काली मिर्च में नमक मिलाकर पीने से दर्द जल्दी ही आराम मिल जाता है।
- महिला को प्रसव के समय पुदीने का रस पीना चाहिए, इससे आसानी से प्रसव हो जाता है।
- पुदीना की पत्तियों को पानी के साथ उबालकर चाय की तरह पीने से बुखार में आराम मिलता है।
- यदि किसी को बहुत हिचकी आती तो पुदीना देने से तुरन्त लाभ मिलता है।
- हरा पुदीना पीसकर तकरीबन 15 लगाने से चेहरे की थकावट दूर हो जाती है एवं निखार भी आता है।
हम SSOHM में चाहता है लोग समझ सके की अभी भी आपके शरीर को सफाई करने में देरी नहीं हुई है। हम केवल आपके शरीर को साफ ही नहीं बल्कि कई खतरनाक बीमारियों से भी बचाएंगे।
जिससे आप जीवन पर्यन्त निरोगी रह सकें।
Hey, I had sex with my boyfriend on 4th day of my period and he wasn't sure if he had ejaculated inside me. So for not taking any chance I took ipill contraceptive on thr same day, and mine is a 28days cycle and I still didn't get my periods! Its been 32 days for now, and a week or two before my 28days I had spotting per online forums. And I still didn't get my periods is that an pill side affect or am I pregnant? Plz revert soon I'm worried.
I m 25 years old and having difficulty with my periods. I got it checked and doctor said ceast if forming up. Also this is regular. I am taking 1 tab of Eva cure by alkem zurieve. Also my weight is little more 72 kg and height is 5 ft and 6 inches. This period problem is continuous. I have not had periods in last 2 months.
Hello doctor my first baby is 7 years. He is very naughty and undecipline child. So mane 2nd chance nahi liya. But doctor sabhi jane bolate hai 2child hone chihiye and hame bhi kabhi kabhi lagta hai wo akela rah jayega .but I can not decide them ki what can I do .kuch bolate hai 2nd chance le lo and kuch bolate hai ab mat lo pura genration gap ho jayega dono child mai .i m so confused. And what can I do kuch bhi samaj nahi raha.
Helo Dr. Mere periods dealy ho rhe hai last 1 year se periods circul thik krne ke liye muje kya krna hoga?
My vagina hole is too small, its so hard to do sex with my husband, please help dor smooth experience.
I am suffering from hypothyroidism for last 3 years. Got married November 2015. I am bothering about pregnancy. It's 8 months already passed and I am not getting pregnant. Please suggest some medicine or treatment. Is everything normal with me or I need to bother?
Schedule a walk with a friend or co-worker. Ayurveda considers walking a tridoshic exercise: it balances all three doshas without putting excessive strain on your body. It calms the mind and nourishes the senses.
I am 13 weeks pregnant and the doctors have advised lots of water and fluids. However, I have always been low on intake of water. I try to take fluids in form of coconut water and soup but will it do any harm to the baby if I am unable to intake 10 to 12 glasses everyday?
My periods are irregular could you please help me what is the problem? I will get periods only when I work hard physically or cry for something.
Meri age 30 saal hai. Aur mai bachelor hoon. Mujhe periods regular nahi hote. Please koi dava bataen jisse periods regular ho.
8 ways 'all work and no play' messes up with your health!
Failure to strike a healthy work-life balance can see your health going on the downswing. Several studies have time and again highlighted the fact that working too much can be bad for you. The major factor that is at play when you work too much is stress, which negatively impacts both your mental and physical well-being. A joint study conducted by Stanford university and Harvard business school has revealed that workplace stress can ruin your physical health by as much as 90%.
Read on to find out the ill-effects of all work and no play.
1. Working overtime can increase your risk of developing cardiovascular problems by about 60%.
2. While working too much can see your risk of experiencing a heart attack rise by about 13%, over 55 hours of work time every week can increase your chances of getting a stroke by about 33%.
3. Consistently working overtime can lead you to face mental health problems.
4. Over-working can cause your learning ability and memory power to fail as you don't get the required amount of rest time.
5. Working for over 11 hours a day can increase your chances of suffering from depression.
6. Working for over 40 hours a week can increase your risk of gaining weight, and indulging in alcohol and tobacco abuse.
7. Working for over 50 hours a week can bring about a reduction in your sleep time to less than 6 hours a day, which can have an adverse impact on your work performance.
8. Working non-stop in front of the computer can cause you to become prone to headaches and blurred vision.
Here's how you can prevent the negative effects of working too much from impacting your health:
1. Take a short trip
Being physically away from your workplace and going on short vacations can help your health considerably as it reduces work-related stress to a great extent. It also helps in the rejuvenation of your mind and body, thereby improving your overall health.
2. Meditate for a calmer self
Meditation is another helpful way in which you can cut down the harm that too much work can have on your body. Spend a few moments each day to de-stress and calm your agitated mind.
3. Don't bring work home
Once you're at home, avoid the impulse of checking your phone or email for work. Furthermore, avoid bringing your smartphone with you to the dinner table and don't discuss work while eating.
4. Go for regular checkups
Visiting a doctor regularly is another preventive measure that you need to take very seriously. Screening tests for stroke, heart disease or high blood pressure should be undertaken from time to time so as to prevent yourself from falling prey to such problems.
Despite your heavy workload, you still need to take out time for yourself. It is imperative that you do so in order to create a better work-life balance and consequently, a healthier self.
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome also known as Polycystic Ovarian Disease manifests in multiple cysts covering the ovaries, filled with immature follicles (eggs) accompanied by hormonal abnormalities and irregularities in ovulation and menstruation.
While PCOS falls into a group of conditions which don’t have a cure as such, there are natural ways to manage this condition so you don’t experience any symptoms and can get pregnant if you choose to.
What to do?
1. Avoid coffee, alcohol, soft drinks, sugar and juices containing sugar, refined
carbs (white bread, biscuits, chocolate, lollies etc…).
2. Eat small protein rich meals every 3 hours to balance your blood sugar.
3. Exercise regularly – cardio and weights (the more muscles you have the
more fat you’ll burn).
4. Add cinnamon to your cooking. It has been found to improve insulin
sensitivity in women with PCOS.
5. Excess androgen production has been shown to favorably react to intake of
licorice so include some fresh licorice from an organic store.
6. Reduce stress with yoga, mediation, breathing exercises, 8 hours of sleep,
regular exercise, lavender, lemon balm and chamomile tea.
7. Take a good quality multivitamin and fish oil (make sure it’s been tested for
mercury and stabilized with vitamin E).
8. Eat more: adzuki beans, basil, cayenne, chestnut, chives, eggplant, garlic,
ginger, kohlrabi, leek, nutmeg, pepper, rice, rosemary, spearmint and
Wife ultrasound says dat at gestation age: 8 weeks 3 days +-7 days and menstrual age: 7 weeks 1 day No fetal node/yolk sac seen Kindly help me is it f9 reports or what else.
What are the signs of ovulation for ladies? What is the time frame for the highest chances of pregnancies? Days particularly after 15 days of the period with considering the first day as bleeding? The best time to have sex for My wife's getting pregnant would be after 10 days of periods with first day of bleeding included? Please suggest. Thanks in advance. I am much confused. I get news answers from every doctors. And yah my wife's periods are irregular. It extends up to 5-10 days. It keeps on changing. Please advise me.
Last month 29th I tuk Ipill still not getting periods .after ipill again I had unprotected sex. Please suggest medicine to get periods.
Platelet and Nutrition
Platelet are the thinest cells in the blood stream.
I t look like plates in their non-active state but in active state the tentacles that seems to the shape of spider or an octopus. Like other blood cells it is also made in blood marrow.
Role of platelet is to protect the body against excessive loss of blood, during injury, in the presence of wound or injury these cells migrate to site and bind the damaged blood vessels and forms the clot
In human body normally the platelet count range is 1,50000 - 4,50000 / microlitter
When the count is above the 4,50000 / microliter it is called thrombocythemia or thrombocythemia. The term thrombocythemia is used when the cause of higher platelet count is not known i.e. Primary or essential thrombocythemia. this condition occurs when the faulty cells in the bone marrow make too many platelets. While the higher platelet count due to any disease it is called secondary or reactive Thrombocytosis which more common than the thrombocythemia.
When the count is below 1,50000/microlitter the condition is called thrombocythemia. Low platelet count may result bleeding from nose, gums, under the skin (Purpura) in the forearm and pinpoint bleeds (Petechiae) on the legs. In womens long and heavy periods. Treatment should be initiated before the bleeding occurs because some time a huge drop of platelet count is sudden which may result uncontrolled bleeding resulting life threatening condition i.e Shock or Organ failure.
Treatment for Low Platelet: When the platelet count comes down comes down 10,000-20,000 then transfusion of Platelets is required or some sort of bleeding present in nose, gum & skin is present. Otherwise take Natural food which increases the low platelet count.
10 Foods That Increase Low Platelet Count:
1. Anar (Pomegranate): It is rich in iron and also contains vitamins. This fruit help to combact increasing platelet reduction with regular consumption & vitamins keep your energy levels steady.
2. Milk : It it has high calcium which helps to regenerate the platelet. Calcium content with vitamin K and milk protein “Fibrinogen” increases the Platelet count and improves the blood;s ability to form the clot. Calcium Deficiency can lead to your body much longer time in forming clot .
3. Folate Rich Food : Folate or B9 is essential for healthy cell division in the body. Sever deficiency of folate in body can result reduction in Blood Platelet. Daily intake of Folate is 400mg is required. When platelet count is low it’s consumption increases the platelet count. Food rich in Folate are Asparagus, Orange juice,Spinach and fortified cereals.
4. Lean Proteins: Lean proteins food are excellent source of Zinc and Vitamin 12 which are essential to reverse the effects of thrombocytopenia. In case of reduced platelet count take food like soyabean, spinach (Palak), blackbeans, cow’s milk, white of egg, Oatmeal, Fish and white meat chicken.
5. Papaya: Extract of leaf of papaya is excellent for overall blood production and increases the platelet count (Prepare extract of leaves by boiling leaves in medium heat for 15 minutes with water and wait till the water simms down to half ). Take leaf extract 2tsf twice daily.
6. Cod Liver Oil and Flax Seed Oil: These oils strengthen the Immune system many autoimmune disorders are cause of thrombocytopenia or low platelet count. These oils reduce the inflammation of in the body and improve the blood circulation throughout the body.
7. Vitamin A Rich Food: Vitamin A is essential for healthy platelet production, it also plays role in formation of Protein in body which helps in the process of cell division and growth. Carrot, Pumpkin, Kale and Sweet Potatoes (Sakarkandi).
8. Chlorophyll from Wheat grass: Wheat grass juice contains 70% of chlorophyll (The Plant Haemoglobin) have strong effect in overall blood production and increases the platelet count. Take ½ cup per day.
9. Vitamin K Rich Food: Vitamin K keeps cell growth at optimum level in the body. Life of platelets is only 10 days which is to be compensated continually to maintain te lost amount in the body, hence high calorie food for ideal production of blood platelets and vitamin K is one of the ingredient available in Eggs, Green leafy vegetables, Kale, Frozen Spinach, Mustard Greens Broccoli & Liver.
10. Macrobiotic Diet: To combat Thrombocytopenia in patients an vital anti inflammatory diet is recommended by Platelet Disorder Association which help in optimum blood production e.g. Whole grains, vegetables and organic beans is recommended while animal protein is to be avoided except Fish Yogurt & cheese.