I felt a movable lump at my left breast. It is painless small and is not near arms it's near to the center line of the body if we divide body in two half. This is first time I felt something like that. My menstruation are also going to start within 2-3 days is this due to menstruation cycle or anything else. Please tell me what should I do.

Better to show it to a Breast Surgeon or a Surgical oncologist. They would take a detailed history and examine you and if need be, ask for an ultrasound examination. Lumps in the breast could be due to various other causes like cysts, fibroadenoma, fibrocystic disease, traumatic fat necrosis, granulomatous mastitis, phylloides tumor and cancer. Fibroadenoma is the most common cause at your age. The diagnosis is established with triple assessment, which includes clinical examination, radiology and if need be pathology with FNAC or preferably core Biopsy. Fibroadenoma is a common cause of movable lump in young patients. If fibroadenoma, then surgery is recommended if it is enlarging in size, or symptomatic. If asymptotic, simple fibroadenoma, small 2-3 cms and not enlarging, then I tend to leave it alone as it usually regresses with time. (almost 90% regress by 40 years of age). Ormeloxifen has also been shown to cause regression of the fibroadenomas. I hope I was able to solve your query. If you want to share your reports and discuss this further, feel free to contact me directly.