My father-in-law is a CKD patient and he is taking treatment from 2012 with creatinine-3.5 Urea-80. His current levels are: HB: 9.80 Blood sugar: 108.9 Urea: 150 Creatinine: 6.82 GFR: 8 Sodium: 140 Potassium: 4.5 Chloride: 101 Bicarbonates: 25 Urine Analysis: Protein: 30 Blood CA 25 ery/ul Dr. Suggested to go for HD and fix the fistula in hand so that dialysis can be done whenever needed instead of doing in the neck if any emergency. As of now he is not having any symptoms like swelling, nausea, vomiting, itching. He is taking diet food normally and water in take 500 ml per day and urine output is 750 ml per day. In this condition, kindly suggest how to handle the situation whether we need to start dialysis now or continue with medication. If the fistula fixed now, is there any minimum period to start the dialysis?

My father-in-law is a CKD patient and he is taking treatm...
Hello dear Warm welcome to Lybrate.com I have evaluated your query for your father in law thoroughly.* Any dialysis decision depends upon the severity of the symptoms. As there are no other detrimental symptoms, I do not recommend for fistula at present, keep medications, dietary precautions, regular consultation with urologist.* Once fistula is fixed, he has to undergo minimum once a week dialysis without failure. Hope this clears your query. Wishing him fine recovery. Welcome for any further assistance. Regards take care.