Dear Dr, I am suffering from Diabetes with sugar level 225 after breakfast I started taking ayurvedic medicine Chiraita after taking I feel better as I am active now compared to 1 week before I just want to ask is it ok to have this continuously to avoid sugar level going high or should I stop and start taking medicines.

Dear Dr,
I am suffering from Diabetes with sugar level 22...
Mr. lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. Blood glucose level of 225 mg after food is clearly signifying of having diabetes. This needs appropriate treatment. Since you have mentioned that after ayurvedic treatment there is a better feeling, so please get your fasting, PP blood glucose and HbA1c5 checked. Based on that let us decide whether there is a need for taking modern medicines. Most often diabetes needs appropriate modern medicines, diet control and regular exercise and weight control. Ayurvedic drugs at most may be useful as an additional therapy. Another important aspect is thatwith a BMI of 35.83 kgs/M2 you are already in second grade obesity. (normal BMI < 23 kgs/M2), your ideal weight should be 55 kgs. That is a major contributor for diabetes. Thanks.
Dear Dr,
If it is working you can continue it but it should be taken under a Ayurveda doctor 's supervision and check your HbA1c as well Stay healthy!
Dear Dr,
No problems chiraita se koi nukshan k side effects nahi hone vali.
Dear Dr,
Take medicine continuously and go for BSL checkup on regular intervals. If values are in normal then nothing to worry to continue the medicine.