Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Hi. I am a 22 years old female student. I have severe problem with my bones. It started with a minor infection in the joint between my pelvic girdle and femur 10 years ago but the problem has grown over the years. I have consulted a few doctors over the years but the medications gave me temporary relief. I feel pain in my bones of varying intensities n varying duration anywhere in my body but the problem is more around my elbows and knees. It feels like my bones are weakening from the inside and whenever force is applied either on purpose or accidentally on my bones it hurts .my erythrocyte sedimentation rate was much higher from normal (40 mm/hr. I was told by the doctor that it is due to some infection. But I found on Internet dat it cud be due to cancer or autoimmune disease too. So now I am not sure. have been diagnosed with menstrual cycle is highly irregular. N I believe it to be coz of hormonal imbalance. I don't know if these 2 problems are related or not but it feels like they are. Bone density and estrogen concentration being related. I have taken medication for That too after consulting a gynaecologist but it was also temporary solution. My problem still persists. So now I don't know whom to consult. Please give me some effective advice. So that I could live a healthy life.

2 Doctors Answered
Hi. I am a 22 years old female student. I have severe pro...
lybrate-user I understand your problems First we have to mentally relax a bit and approach the problem systematically Your doubts. 1. Menstrual and bone problems are not related 2. There is no evidence of cancer 3. You have diffuse bone pains so get cbc vit d vit b12 parathyroid intact dexa scan done with crp If these are normal then you have to go forANA and a few tests for autoimmunity In the interim start mild exercise yoga and meditation and occasional mild analgesics For pcod follow gyne advice we may akso need mri of the joint which got infected in childhood Without panicking we will be able to reach to the root of the problem You May Consult a physician or a rheumatologist.
1 person found this helpful
Hi. I am a 22 years old female student. I have severe pro...
Dear Patient, you have provided with a very nice history. Let me address a few of your concerns. 1. ESR 40 mm/hr might be a normal finding as it is sometimes also increased in Anemia. 2. Bony pain can be a sign of calcium and vitamin D deficiency which needs to be addressed. 3. Stress and anxiety which is clear from the history also is responsible for a lot of hormonal imbalance. I suggest please share your reports CBC, ESR and get a Vitamin D and B12 level done. There is a fair amount of possibility that you have nutritional deficiencies. (You are underweight too)
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.