I am using thyronorm 100 mg since 4 years, today I have taken reports my reports are showing 23 tsh result. My age is 20 years, why this happens? What should I do can I change my drug dosage pls. Clarify.

I am using thyronorm 100 mg since 4 years, today I have t...
Hello lybrate-user, you didnot mention about your t3 and t4 levels. Tsh levels are abnormal and hence dosage needs to be adjusted. Please consult an endocrinologist.
lybrate-user, Thanks for the query. Since you are on treatment with levothyroxine for hypothyroidism, it is necessary to maintain TSH level around 3 to 4 mU/L, to be free from all the troublesome symptoms of that condition. TSH level of 23 mU/L, shows that all the symptoms will be fully back, secondly the dose being taken is not adequate at all. You will have to increase the dose by 25 mcg, then check TSH after 6 weeks and see if the desired level of TSH is achieved. If not then there has to be further increase in the dose. Thanks.