Hi, I'm male and 41 years of age. I have high uric acid levels [8.5] due to diabetes [HbA1c - 6.2, ABG - 131] and thyroid disorder [TSH - 5.77]. I have fatty liver [SGOT - 52.6, SGPT - 60.9] and high cholesterol levels [TOTAL CHOLESTEROL - 323, HDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT - 49, LDL CHOLESTEROL - DIRECT - 175, TRIGLYCERIDES - 389]. I do not smoke. Can you please suggest diet and medicine?

Thanks for the query. High uric acid is a separate issue unconnected to diabetes. It is usually due to some other metabolic problem. HbA1c% 6.2 is showing a pre-diabetic stae, unless you are already on treatment for it. TSH 5.7 mU/L is sub-clincal hypothyroidism. No treatment is advocated for it. However, your lipid levels are high, which do need treatment. In this communication we can only give general guidelines, no prescriptions are allowed. So it is better if you come in a private conversation (paid consultation), then I will be able to give specific guidelines and prescriptions also. For high uric acid unless there is the problem of joint pains (Gout) there is no need for treatment. Only thing you have to avoid high protein diet and avoid red meat, sea food like herring, sardines, scallops, mussels, etc. Thanks.