I am 25 years old female, recently I had a thyroid test where my TSH is 7.92 other parameters being normal. Does this require any medical attention? How should I keep my thyroid normal? Is it true if I start thyroid medication now then it shall continue whole my life? Is there any way to maintain my thyroid with natural remedies rather than depending on medicines.?

I am 25 years old female, recently I had a thyroid test w...
Hello, Thanks for the query. TSH 7.92 mU/L, is a sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Usually no treatment is advocated in this situation. Clinical diagnosis is made when TSH goes beyond 10 mU/L. Then treatment has to be started right away. However, if there are troublesome symptoms related hypothyroidism like weight increase, swelling of face, legs and feet, cold intolerance, tiredness etc, then treatment is advocated. Hypothyroidism means your thyroid gland is functioning inadequately and hence there is a deficiency of thyroxine hormone. This hormone is needed every day for almost all the metabolic functions in the body. Hence has to be supplemented on daily basis for lifetime. There is No Other Option. If you have any doubts or queries, please come back. Thanks.