Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Shivam Skin, Hair & Laser ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Themy acne and pimples was increasing day by day .I consulted a number of specialists but the way dr Siddheshwar Mathpati treated me was the best. As someone I knew, consulted him and they referred us. I am so happy i consulted him and took the treatment from him as he made my problem go away like magic.Both doctor and staff were very helpful at his clinic Shivam Skin, Hair & Laser Clinic in Mumbai.
.I was amazed that other doctors before dr Siddheshwar Mathpati were not able to even diagnose my problem of allergy, but he did it immediately and started the treatment.he with great ease handled my serious case with ease.The lab in the hospital Shivam Skin, Hair & Laser Clinic in Nerul was very clean and well managed.
I visited dr Siddheshwar Mathpati for my acne and pimple problem. He is a very polite and good doctor. I liked his treatment and approach. I visited him at Shivam Skin, Hair & Laser Clinic in Navi Mumbai.
Dil Bahadur Ghartimagar
Dr.Siddheshwar Mathpati is a really helpful and kind because he consult me carefully and he give his important time to me. I really want to thank you Dr.Siddheswar Mathpati I am really thankful to you.
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Siddheshwar Mathpati to be very helpful. Sir this is good but there is any ayurveda treatment or not
I have read that applying oil daily is harmful and even washing hair daily is harmful. So please can you give a week plan to maintain hair properly.
Stretch marks, as the name suggest; appears when the skin is over stretched. These marks can also appear when the body loses its ability to stretch (use of certain steroids). Both the conditions affect the skin elasticity. As a result, white, red (turn pale over a period of time) or purple streaks appear on the buttocks, armpits, stomach, thighs and chest.
Many factors influence the appearance of stretch marks, also known as Striae distensae:
- Elevated levels of Cortisone hormone (produced by the Adrenal gland) play a pivotal role in the appearance of stretch marks.
- Stretch marks are common during pregnancy. As the foetus grows in size, the skin tends to stretch more and more. This stretching provides sufficient space to the developing foetus. A hormonal imbalance can also mark the appearance of stretch marks during this period. In some, the stretch marks appear after pregnancy.
- Stretch marks are sure to appear when a person experiences a sudden change in the body weight (weight gain or loss). These marks can also be seen in children who are in their growing phase (teenagers).
- Use of Corticosteroids (steroid hormones produced by the adrenal cortex) can leave your body with the unwanted stretch marks. It is advisable to use corticosteroids (pills or cream) under medical supervision.
- Stretch marks may be an outcome of some genetic disorders such as Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Marfan's Syndrome. Striae distensae can appear in people with Cushing's Syndrome (the adrenal gland produces the hormone, Glucocorticoids in excess)
Stretch marks often affect person's confidence. Most people find stretch marks extremely annoying and embarrassing. They try every possible trick under the sun to camouflage and get rid of the unwanted marks.
The stretch marks are generally harmless and can be treated:
- Drink plenty of water. It is important to keep the skin hydrated. Bio oils, Vitamin E enriched oils, certain creams, can effectively fades the appearance of stretch marks. Use of moisturisers containing Cocoa Butter and Shea Butter will speed up the fading process.
- Loss or breakdown of collagen protein (fibrous protein) can result in stretch marks. For stretch marks that are not very old, Tretinoin cream comes across as a huge relief. Application of Tretinoin cream helps in the restoration of collagen protein. For pregnant women, it is best to avoid this cream.
- In case the stretch marks are a little older, a person can go for Microdermabrasion.
- Another great technique is the Pulsed Dye Laser Therapy. This therapy works by enhancing the growth of elastin and collagen protein.
All the preventive measures and treatments can help to fade the stretch marks. However, none can guarantee complete disappearance of the marks. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
The harmful effects of UV rays (UVA and UVB) are known to all. UVA can prove to be a great nemesis for flawless skin, accelerating the skin ageing process. The skin loses its radiance and appears saggy and wrinkled. UVB affects the skin superficially, resulting in sunburns and skin tans. At times, overexposure to UV rays can produce Carcinogenic (skin cancer) effects. Use of a good quality sunscreen is more of a necessity than luxury. The effectiveness of a sunscreen can be enhanced several folds if one knows the ins and outs of its use.
- Sunscreens with different SPF (Sun Protection Factor) numbers are available in the market. SPF provides intense protection from the UVB rays. An overall skin protection can only be achieved when the harmful effects from both UVA and UVB can be controlled and minimised. Do not judge a sunscreen by its price tag. An expensive sunscreen is not necessarily an effective sunscreen. Go for the sunscreen that covers a Broad Spectrum.
- Many people do not get the usage of the sunscreen right. Sunscreen cannot work miracles. Applying it only once a day will not solve the purpose. Often, your work might require you to be in the sun for a longer period of time. Under such circumstances, use the sunscreen every two to three hours.
- Application of sunscreen at regular intervals is also effective for people who are more into swimming and water related activities. This usage is beneficial for people who sweat profusely. For sensitive skin, it is best to consult a dermatologist before using any sunscreen.
- Applying excess amounts of sunscreen will not provide your skin with any extra protection. A generous quantity of sunscreen can also do the trick. The quality matters more than the quantity.
- Sunscreens can be Mineral (Zinc Oxide and Titanium Oxide) or Synthetic (Oxybenzone, Avobenzone) active. In case of Mineral sunscreen, one can step outside immediately after its application.
- In case of synthetic sunscreen actives, immediate exposure to sunlight might fail to provide the desired protection. For better results, apply the sunscreen 25 - 30 minutes prior to an outside venture.
- Being at home does not guarantee protection from sunrays. You can still be susceptible to the harmful UV rays. Use sunscreen daily, even when at home.
- If you are into makeup, use sunscreen once you are fully done with the makeup.
- Sunscreen is not only meant for bright, sunny days. This misconception can affect your skin in the long run. Apply sunscreen regularly, irrespective of the weather outside.
Sunscreen, if used accurately will keep a lot of skin problems and sunburns at bay.
Acne can be frustrating and annoying. A lot of unnecessary chaos can be avoided if people get the facts right.
1. Myth: Adults do not suffer from acne problems
Truth: While acne outbreaks are common amongst teenagers, adults are not spared either. In adults, the acne problems are essentially of two types; the late onset acne and the persistent acne. In many cases, it has been observed that the acne problems appear at a later period, mostly after 23 to 25 years of age (late onset acne). At other times, the unwanted acne outbreaks that mark its appearance during the teenage years linger for a longer period (persistent acne type).
2. Myth: A person's eating habits and lifestyle has no role to play in acne
Truth: Lifestyle and eating habits can influence a person's health. Excessive intake of sweets and simple carbohydrates can worsen the acne. Stress, fatigue, lack of proper sleep, can also aggravate the already frustrating acne problem.
3. Myth: Acne results from dirty skin, with adult men and women being equally affected
Truth: The Pilosebaceous unit of the skin plays a pivotal role in acne outbreaks. The oil producing gland (Sebaceous gland) of this unit acts as the main control. Certain hormones regulate the activity and size of this gland. An increase in the size of the sebaceous gland results in an increased oil secretion. The skin pores become very sticky. These pores serve as a host, into which the acne causing bacteria, P. acnes multiples.
Adult women are more prone to acne than their male counterparts. This is because, hormonal imbalance or alterations affects adult females more. Women often suffer from acne during menstruation.
4. Myth: Acne can spread from one person to another
Truth: More than often, acne is seen as a contagious dermatological problem. Though caused by the bacteria P. acnes, acne is not contagious. It is rather foolish to maintain a distance from the affected individual.
5. Myth: Acne is a minor problem and needs no medical intervention
Truth: Going for self-medication can do the acne more harm than good. Acne is influenced by a number of internal as well as external factors (stress, hormonal imbalance, unhealthy lifestyle). For an effective treatment, it is important to identify the root cause. It is best to consult a dermatologist at the earliest.
6. Myth: In case of acne, the face should be frequently washed and cleansed
Truth: Ideally, the face should be washed twice daily with a gentle cleanser. Some people get eternal pleasure in squeezing the heads of the spot. This can damage your skin beyond repair.
Do not allow acne problems to affect your self-confidence. Acne can be cured. Do not fall for the baseless myths.
My face was lot of pimples and it's hole, now I am using aloe Vera gel on my face twice a day, is good way to reduce pimples.
In have under eye black circles since 4 years. Can you say me the solution to solve it.In my family my mother has also same black circles under my mothers eyes also. please say the solution to sole it.
I have face problem of hair falls. My hair get very dry and weak please which shampoo and medicine resolve my problem.
3 months back I have got a corn on my right palm I haven't consulted a doctor, by using corn caps it got dried but sometimes it is paining. Again I have got corn on my left leg recently. Is this is dangerous? What I have to do to cure this.
Women over the age of 25 gradually begin to reduce the muscle mass and fat or adipose deposition happens at almost 5 times the pace. There is also the collagen reduction that happens alongside. All these put together give the flab, which is a point of embarrassment for women. Thighs, stomach, below the butt are common areas and could require changing your wardrobe. However, given that almost 93% of the women have cellulite, a lot of been done to identify ways this. From topical chemicals to medications to surgery, there are various options.
If that sounds comforting, don't. Cellulite is not something that can be cured and will stay forever. It requires a lot of dedication and lifestyle changes to sustain the lost fat (learn more about The Healthiest Ways to Achieve Fat Loss), which is the most important phase. Also, cellulite is transmitted genetically, and if you have a propensity for it, the chances of relapse are equally high.
Listed below are some ways to manage cellulite:
- Dietary (learn more about Dietary Fats) changes: Reduce salt, salty foods swell up the fat cells, making the cellulite more prominent. Adding a lot of fiber and whole grains cleanses the intestines of toxins and reduces the amount of fat.
- Exercise regularly: Any physical exercise, be it walking, jogging, cycling, or swimming, that you enjoy is completely welcome. All these help burn fat and reduce cellulite. There are also specific exercises aimed at working the glutes, quadriceps, hamstrings, hip flexors and abductors - one-legged lunges, squat and side lifts, V-leg pulls, etc.
- Massage: There are special massage bars with multiple notches on it, which helps stimulate fat and improve fluid circulation. Cellulite also has lymphatic drainage and a high chance of infection. Massage also improves lymphatic drainage, thereby reducing the chances of infection.
- Exfoliating: Body scrubs, especially around the area of maximum collection, also help reduce fat deposits. Scrubs containing coffee are particularly helpful, as it improves lymphatic drainage and caffeine tightens skin. There are also do-it-yourself kits available that claim to reduce cellulite. A word of caution here, use under medical supervision.
- Body Serum and body contour creams: These contain a combination of caffeine and antioxidants along with some active ingredients that are proven to mobilize fat deposits. Again, better to get medical opinion before use.
- Cellulite blasting technology: There are ways to mobilize cellulite by applying shockwaves to the area of cellulite and dissolve the fat. It is proven to be safe and is FDA approved.
Studies are also underway to test a drug that will dissolve the collagen in the skin, thereby reducing cellulite. This is yet to be proven and once done may become hugely popular as cellulite is a universal problem with women.
I have flakes on scalp. Which cause more dandruff and itching or hair fall also. So what I do Doctor.
Hi. I have a pimple and its marks on my chick's it's look very dirty I used lot of creams and taken treatment also but still am fedup I have my marriage after 2 months am planning to go for chemical peeling but am afraid in future is there any side effects pls suggest.
I am 28 now a days my there is lot of red spot on my legs and biceps one side more than other .i had long time gingivitis before. And last month I was treated for colitis. Stomach pain and bloating from 2 days. please help.
From last two months my hairs are falling more (13 approx) per day. I think it's due to my supplement powder. I don't know whether it's due to supplement.
Any English medicine for glowing skin? My skin is wheatish in colour, I need glowing skin, want some pills name so that I can purchase it from medical, plzz provide me some names of the pills?
I feel itching problem in body what medicine should I take and I also get rashes on body neck and back I feel so aggressive when itching started.
- Eat healthy: No two ways about it. Your appearance is a direct reflection of your food habits. It could be sipping green tea, eating a lot of Omega 3 fatty acids via walnuts and salmon, biting into fruits like pomegranates and berries, or having red wine regularly. Each has its own benefits from reducing fat deposition to hydrating your skin to improving circulation. All these tell on the quality of your skin and the radiance will be there for all.
- Reduce stress: The first place that your stress will show is your skin. Wrinkles and dry and sagging skin are some of the first symptoms of stress. As we all know, there is only so much stress that we can control. Don't stress about stress, and the results of this difference in attitude will become very obvious.
- Passion: Whether it is a new hobby like painting or a language or a new found love life, passion brings energy to life like nothing else can. It gives a new reason to wake up every day and energizes not just the person but everything and everybody around. Find something new to do that you completely enjoy and the glow will just radiate, not just externally but also internally.
- Work out: Take a break every single day to do whatever excites you, such as yoga, meditation, walking, jogging, swimming, or cycling. Spend about 30 minutes to an hour and the inner peace that you find will help you stay young and radiant. The benefits of a workout are manifold and those who know it get addicted to it. A day without exercise would feel incomplete for these people. On days when they have had a good workout, the radiance and energy will be greater than normal and will be palpable.
- Pamper your skin: In addition to all these, whether it is the sunscreen when going out in the sun or the almond oil, give your skin some supplemental treatments once a while.
One word of caution is not to trust these supplements to do the magic without doing the above. The supplements can definitely do what they are called, supplement what the rest do. Try these simple techniques and see a radiant and glowing you.