Doctor in Asha Polyclinic
Treatment Of Acne/Pimples
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Fever
Treatment of Hair Fall
Management of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorder
Back Pain Treatment
Treatment of Pain
Treatment of Hair Loss
Treatment & Management of Cold
Treatment of Stomach Pain
Treatment of Body Weakness
Increasing Height Treatment
Treatment of Joint Pain
Treatment of Female Hair Loss
Treatment of Dandruff
Treatment of Leg Pain
Prevention & Treatment of Diabetes
Treatment of Itching
Treatment of Small Penis Size
Submit a review for Asha PolyclinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Seema Poddar to be very helpful. Thanks.
Dr. Seema Poddar provides answers that are very helpful. thanks
Most likely you are suffering from a duodenal ulcer if there is a pain in the upper abdomen which is relieved by eating. If it increases after eating, it may be because of a gastric ulcer. Gastric ulcers and Duodenal ulcers come under the category of Peptic ulcer disease (PUD). PUD is a lesion in the mucosal lining of the digestive tract and is known as a Gastric ulcer if it is present in the stomach wereas it is known as Duodenal ulcer if it exists in the duodenum i.e. 1st part of the intestines. These are caused by the digestive action of pepsin (a digestive enzyme) and stomach acid.
Nearly 70–90% cases of such ulcers are linked to a spiral-shaped bacterium called H. PYLORI that thrives in the acidic environment of the stomach. The incidence of peptic ulcers occurring in the duodenum (the initial tract of the small intestine) is four times higher than those arising in the stomach.
Causes of Peptic Ulcer:
The underlying process that results in Peptic ulcer formation is an excess of acid production in the stomach and damage to the protective barrier inside the stomach. Certain things that can trigger excess acid production or can cause damage to the protective lining of the stomach are:
- Emotional stress
- Foods (spices, pungent foods, etc)
- Overuse of certain drugs, especially NSAIDs (Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Infections (H-Pylori)
Symptoms of peptic ulcers include:
- vomiting tendencies
- pain in the upper and middle portions of the stomach after a meal and at night
- blood in the stool
- weight loss
- bleeding in the gastrointestinal region
Common To Both
Duodenal Ulcer Symptoms
More Likely to be felt immediately after eating.
More likely to be felt a few hours after eating.
|Loss of Appetite|
Pain when eating high-fat foods.
Pain when the stomach is empty.
Pain in the stomach that may feel like burning.
- Perforation of ulcer
- Gastric outlet obstruction (obstruction in the terminal part of the stomach)
How to Prevent Peptic Ulcers
Certain lifestyle choices and habits can reduce your risk of developing peptic ulcers. These include:
- 1. Not drinking more than two alcoholic beverages a day
- 2. Not mixing alcohol with medication
- 3. Washing your hands frequently to avoid infections
- 4. Limiting your use of ibuprofen, aspirin, and naproxen sodium
Maintaining a healthy lifestyle through a balanced diet rich in fruits, vegetables, and whole grains, and quitting smoking and other tobacco use will also help you prevent developing a peptic ulcer.
Homeopathic Treatment For Peptic Ulcers
Homoeopathy offers some very good medicines for peptic ulcer disease. But for a homoeopath, the symptoms of the disease are much more important than the ulcer itself. The reason for this is that in order to select the right medicine a homoeopath needs to differentiate between the finer presentations of a disease which vary from person to person. A homoeopath not only tries to heal the ulcer but also tries to remove the general predisposition to acquire it. The homoeopath not only tries to find ‘What is wrong?’, but also ‘Why it went wrong?’; ‘Where it started going wrong?’; ‘How it evolved to the current stage?’ etc. To find the answers to all these questions, a homoeopath tries to gather as much information as possible regarding the past and present medical history of the patient, the family history, general, physical and psychological characteristics, etc. This hard work on the part of homoeopath not only helps in removing the acute symptoms and the ulcer but also is usually able to remove the tendency for relapse. The ‘on-again/off-again’ nature of the disease is often removed and the general health of the person also improves as a result.
Effective Homeopathic Medications For Peptic Ulcer
Some of the most effective homoeopathic medications used in the treatment of peptic ulcers are mentioned below. However, you shouldn’t try to self-medicate as it is best to consult with a doctor who can properly diagnose the problems and prescribe medication which is specifically tailored for you.
- Argentum Nitricum – One of the most effective medications in treating ulcers, Argentum Nitricum is usually prescribed when you experience sharp burning pains from peptic ulcers that radiate to different areas of the abdomen. The pain is akin to the feeling of gnawing inside the stomach. Other symptoms such as vomiting, belching and nausea may also be present.
- Nux Vomica – If you have peptic ulcers and even eating the slightest amount of food causes pain, then Nux vomica may be a good option and thus be prescribed by your doctor. Another indication in such cases is where the abdominal region is very sensitive and you may feel pain even with the slightest touch. Nux Vomica is also very effective if your peptic ulcer symptoms tend to get worse after the consumption of tea, coffee, spicy foods or alcoholic beverages.
- Kali Bichromicum – Sometimes, peptic ulcers may cause the food in your stomach to sit like a heavy load immediately after meals. This can make you very uncomfortable and unable to do any other form of work. This is often times accompanied by a low appetite. In such cases, Kali Bichromicum has been seen to work wonders.
- Lycopodium Clavatum – If you have burning pain in your stomach along with the bloating of your abdomen, then Lycopodium Clavatum is the best medication for you. Other indications for this medication are when ingestion of warm water helps relieve pain. If consuming certain vegetables such as cabbage and beans worsen the situation, then Lycopodium Clavatum could be the best medication in such a case.
- Carbo-veg – An all-rounder in the field of homoeopathy, Carbo-Veg is also effective when treating peptic ulcers which are accompanied by heartburn and acidity as well as sour belching. The pain from the ulcers may extend from the stomach all the way to the back. Other indications wherein Carbo-Veg may be effective is where the stomach area becomes very sensitive to touch and even small amounts of food may suddenly cause the symptoms to deteriorate.
- Hydrastis Canadensis – Stomach or abdominal pain accompanied by weight loss is one of the major indications where this medication may be prescribed. The patient may become emaciated and have sharp cutting pains in the stomach. In such cases, Hydrastis has been seen to be very effective.
- Graphites – This medication is extremely useful where along with the ulcer pain, you may end up vomiting your food immediately after a meal. A sensation which is painful and constricted may be present in your stomach. Along with these symptoms, Graphites are also very effective when you suffer from excessive belching.
- Phosphorus – If you exhibit typical symptoms of peptic ulcer such as sour belching and a burning sensation in the stomach after eating, Phosphorus could well be the panacea.
When the underlying cause of peptic ulcer disease is successfully treated, the prognosis (expected outcome) for patients with the condition is excellent. To help prevent peptic ulcers:
- Avoid cigarette.
- Avoid aspirin and non-steroidal Anti-Inflammatory drugs.
- Avoid spicy and rich food if it aggravates.
- Drink lots of water.
- Take frequent small meals instead of two or three big meals.
- Consume a bland diet and hygienically prepared food.
- Proper cleaning of utensils for food.
- Proper cleaning of hands before preparing and eating food.
- Avoid alcohol
- Avoid long-term use of nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs(NSAIDs)
- Avoid common sources of Helicobacter pylori bacteria (e.g., contaminated food and water, floodwater, raw sewage)
- Good hygiene can help reduce the risk for peptic ulcer disease caused by Helicobacter pylori infection.
- Wash your hands thoroughly with warm soapy water after using the restroom as well as before eating and avoid sharing eating utensils and also drinking glasses in order to reduce the spread of bacteria that can cause PUD.
Hey doctor my name is Sachin please tell me which face wash and gel is best for our face for darkspots and acne.
I am ,43 years old having skin disease namely psoriasis with serious itching on my skin. Some time I feel like short breath and gradually getting itching on whole body suddenly. I've been treated with ciclosporin 100 mg for about 10 month. Now improved though nothing visible.
My Wife is 29 Years OLD and recently we had a Baby Baby age is 10 months now My wife start getting pigmentation on Face prominently on cheeks and nose, Probably its due to poor die, stress and Anxiety we consult doctor and he suggest whitening cream for pigmentation After using Depiwhite cream one month now, nothing happens to pigmentation and even its spreading more kindly tell solution, treatment for this face pigmentation Current location in UAE, She moved here 7 months before from Pakistan with Baby Need Serious advice to cure the pigmentation.
We have a baby of 2-3 month old and she is breast feeding. My wife has some kind of solid deposits around her breast, that causes some much pain while feeding and after. Pain is like electricity is running on that part can’t say where the pain is but it is very painful. We consulted doctors she prescribed medicine antibiotics and pain killers with USG test and blood test report is normal. Can I have a better diagnosis on this, I don’t know what to do and I am nervous.
I am suffering from hair loss for past 2-3 yrs. My hair had already thin alot. Got done all medical and hormonal test and it's normal. I even followed a skin specialist for 2 yes but of no use. Can you please help me also I trying to conceive and my age is 39 yrs.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is one of the most common disorders of digestive system producing a spectrum of symptoms such as persistent and recurring abdominal pain associated with passing of motion, change of bowel habit (diarrhea, constipation, or alternating diarrhea and constipation), etc. without any apparent cause.
Irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) is the disorder of function, which means that the bowel doesn't work, as it should. If one visualizes the bowel, it appears perfectly normal without any inflammation or other structural changes. In people with IBS, the intestines squeeze too hard or not hard enough and cause food to move too quickly or too slowly through the intestines.
What Are the Symptoms of IBS?
People with IBS have symptoms that can include:
- Diarrhea (often described as violent episodes of diarrhea)
- Constipation alternating with diarrhea
- Belly pains or cramps, usually in the lower half of the belly, that get worse after meals and feel better after a bowel movement
- A lot of gas or bloating
- Harder or looser stools than normal (pellets or flat ribbon stools)
- A belly that sticks out
- Stress can make symptoms worse.
How does Homeopathy treat IBS?
IBS can have significant impact on individual's social, personal, and professional life. Homeopathy offers proven treatment for the IBS which treats the Mind and Body connections. IBS calls for the treatment which should address the emotional stress, the stress coping system and the intestinal hypersensitivity. This is what homeopathy attempts doping exactly. The scientific and documented study shows that the homeopathic treatment helps achieve:
- Soothing of mind
- Slowing down of negative emotions such as anxiety, sadness, frustration, hyperactivity, anger, restlessness, etc.
- Helping body's stress coping system
- Alleviating the abnormal hypersensitivity of the bowels
- Relieving the symptoms of bowel hyper-motility
- Enhancing level of joyous state of mind
- Individualistic approach whereby every patient is treated based on one's case
The Homeopathy medicine works at the deeper level, bringing the deviations of harmony among various systems of body back to normalcy. The homeopathic medicine establishes a good communication between the brain and the gut, thus ensuring proper relay of signals. The positive outcome of this is that the motility of intestines becomes regular and rhythmic, thus relieving complaints of either diarrhea or constipation or both.
Moreover, Homeopathy improves the pain threshold of individual, thus alleviating symptoms of pain and cramps associated with IBS. Homeopathy medicines work at deeper level of an individual to root out root causes. The two factors that are triggering causes of IBS are emotional stress and exaggerated sensitivity to food items.
Homeopathy has very well perceived the influences of psyche on the physique of an individual. Homeopathy medicines positively influences the emotions and thinking of an individual so that the person can cope with stress optimistically. Homeopathy medicines have proven efficacy to manage mental stress and its offshoots like IBS. Homeopathy medicines aid in minimizing food sensitivities and allergies.
Arsenic alb, Chamomilla, Lycopodium, Phosphorus, Nux vomica are some of the most effective Homoeopathic medicines for the treatment of IBS. However self-medication shouldn't be tried as it is best to consult a doctor who can properly diagnose and prescribe the right medicine to be taken by you. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!