Hello everyone. I am Dr Shilpi Bhadani, a plastic surgeon in Gurgaon. Today I will speak about Laser Hair Reduction.
Laser hair reduction is increasing in popularity as a method to remove unwanted body hair. The most common areas include the underarms, facial hair, the chest hair in males, the back hair also in males, leg, arms, bikini line. So there is almost no body part which is spared from laser hair reduction.
But it is important for the people who are seeking laser hair reduction to understand that, "what is the expectation and whether the reality will match the expectation or not?"
So, the first consultation with the laser specialist is important. And one must know the modality that is being used for the Laser Hair reduction. There can be multiple modalities like - Diode, Nd-YAG Q-Switched and IPL. Out of this, Diode and Nd-YAG are equally successfull an popular. However, the gold standard is Diode laser hair reduction.
The black hair is most effectively targeted and it is mostly targeted in the growth phase. Now, hair grows in a cyclic manner that is why it needs sessions to ultimately reduce the hair growth. And one thing you need to understand that it is not hair removal, it is hair reduction. So, although some people do achieve freedom from hair but gradually you will need maintenance and that will depend on person to person. Although it is not much. When you had about 6-8 sessions, then it is really good.
Laser hair reduction for the face usually sort after by women or girls who have the syndrome called as Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome in which there is Hirsutism that means the unwanted facial hair in male growth pattern is there. LOaser hair reduction is a very effective modality for this unwanted growth of hair but it must also be understood by the patients that PCOD must be treated. So, simultaneous treatment for PCOD is essential. So, you will need a consultation with person who treats PCOS liek an endocrinologist or a gynaecologist simultaneous to the Laser Hair Reduction.
So, it is grwoing in popularity and it is very very successfull method.
We do Laser Hair Reduction at our clinic. If you want to contact, you can contact me through Lybrate.
Thank you.read more
Cysts Removal Procedure
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Treatment of Gynaecomastia
Skin Laser Treatment
Skin Rash Treatment
Hair Regrowth Procedure
Breast Reduction Procedure
Dressings Of Wounds Procedure
Hernia Repair Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Acne / Pimples Treatment
Hair Loss Treatment
Stitching Of Wounds Procedure
Submit a review for UPHI - Dr. Shilpi BhadaniYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr Shipli Bhandani is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. In order to diagnose my problem completely she asked me a number of questions. His suggestion for hair transplant extremely benefitted me. I am really grateful as her hair transplant has give me a ray of hope. I consulted a number of specialists but the way she treated me was the best. I am so thankful that Dr Shilpi Bhadani has given me the best advice and I am now finally able to get back to my normal self.
Thanks to the expert care and guidance, I feel much better than before. The best thing about Shilpi Bhadani is that she prescribes limited no. of medicines. The overall atmosphere in the Paras Hospital is very soothing. Shilpi Bhadani has a very positive attitude towards all the patients. The acne/pimples was increasing day by day. It's been so long, I have lost all hope, but then I met Shilpi Bhadani and I am hopeful again that I will be fine.
I was diagnosed with female hair loss. Dr Shipli Bhadani is one of the best physicians in city. I was in too much pain because of female hair loss, but even after consulting a number of doctors, I was not getting any relief. A friend of mine referred to Dr Shilpi Bhadani. The overall atmosphere in the Paras Hospital is very soothing. Shilpi Bhadani explained us the problem and how the treatment will be carried out.
I am so much benefitted with the hairloss treatment given by Dr Shipli Bhandari , that i am perfectly fine now. Whatever tests Dr Shilpi Bhadani prescribed, were very correct and gave us an exact idea about my condition. The overall atmosphere in the Paras Hospital is very soothing. She is not just friendly, but also is very motivating. I was having very bad thoughts regarding my hair loss.
A friend of mine referred to dr Shilpi Bhadani. She is a very sweet and sophisticated doctor and also very helpful. in order to diagnose my problem completely she asked me a number of questions. I was suffering from acne and pimples. All the staff members were very helpful at Paras Hospital in Delhi.I am so happy that I chose her for my treatment as now I am perfectly fine.
Dr. Shilpi Bhadani provides answers that are thorough, practical, prompt, professional and sensible. I do go to the gym, don't take steroids but thank you for the answer.I shall consult an endocrinologist. The gynecomastia is too mild to get surgery, I just want to prevent further growth, anti-estrogens should be helpful like you said.
My laser hair removal treatment was such that it required a number of sessions, and I must say after all the sessions, I am feeling much better now. All the staff members were very helpful. Dr Shilpi certainly knows the in and out of her speciality. The Paras Hospital was equipped with various facilities.
I wanted to remove the burnt mark from my neck area for which I was searching for some well experienced cosmetic surgeon. I came to know about Dr Shilpi Bhadani who helped me the treatment. I am thankful to her and I had a great experience with her.
I wanted to remove the burnt mark from my neck area for which I was searching for some well experienced cosmetic surgeon. I came to know about Dr Shilpi Bhadani who helped me the treatment. I am thankful to herand I had a great experience with her.
dr Shilpi Bhadani is an amazing lady. Not only is she very friendly and good at her work.She gives you the confidence as well. I consulted her for my acne scars treatment at Paras Hospital in Gurugram
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Shilpi Bhadani to be knowledgeable and very helpful. Great thank you
Doctor is quite knowledgable and updated with latest technique available. Good experience
First of all i would like to say many thanks to this doctor for my treatment.
FULLY SATISFIED, follows scientific approach, knowledgeable
Theory of Hair Transplantation
Brief Introduction to Liposuction
Some Tips For Laser Hair Reduction
With the current self-obsession of the need to look good all the time, acne is seen as a major problem by the teenagers and even adults. It is related to the hormonal changes but also aggravated by food habits. During their active phase, acne causes a lot of pain and burning. There is a constant tendency to pick at them to get rid of the pain and the itching.
They dry over a period of time and leave scars which are not as painful but are aesthetically a major concern. For someone with oily skin who are more prone for developing acne, these scar marks could be very traumatic emotionally.
There is good news for these people as cosmetic advancements give multiple options for getting rid of these scars. Read on to know some of the most effective ones.
- Laser: A beam of light is aimed at the scar tissue, which does not affect the surrounding tissue but gets rid of the scar tissue. In addition to acne, laser is used in multiple skin ailments (whiteheads, cysts, blackheads, etc.) There is an intense bacterial presence in the acne, and when the laser beam is aimed at the acne, the bacteria are killed. This also reduces further incidence of acne and amount of sebum produced. The number of sittings required would depend on the severity of acne, and most people would require 2 to 3 sittings for visible reduction of the scars.
- Photofacials: The outer layer of the skin (epidermis) is cooled and the inner layer (dermis) is heated. This stimulates the production of collagen and fibrous tissue, which replaces the acne tissue, giving a fresher, youthful look.
In both cases, remember to:
- Avoid use of irritants like perfumes and deodorants in the affected area
- Avoid waxing or shaving for at least 10 days before the procedure
- Avoid exposure to harsh sun for about a week prior to the procedure
- Avoid medicines which increase the risk of bleeding, aspirin for instance
Post treatment: In both treatments, the skin may appear red, swollen, and inflamed for the first day. There also may be a prickly sensation, similar to a sunburn. Cool packs or moist clean clothes and a good moisturiser can be used to soothe the skin. Avoid makeup until the skin is back to normal appearance. Depending on the type of skin and acne, the appearance will take about weeks to months after the procedure.
- Minimally invasive
- Reduced pain
- Reduced recovery time
- Can be clubbed with other anti-acne therapies
- Good results with reduced recurrence and sebum production
With so many advancements, acne marks are sure to go away!!
Are you thinking of undergoing a facelift surgery? It is a common form of cosmetic surgery which is undertaken for reversing the age-clock of the face. Although the procedure is considered to be largely safe, it is good to have a knowledge of the side effects and complications. You can expect complications such as scarring. It is very important to choose an efficient and experienced plastic surgeon as the success of the surgery depends a lot on him.
The major side effects of a facelift surgery are similar to the side effects of any kind of surgical procedure. However, there are some distinct complications which are associated with a facelift surgery. They are as follows:
- Pain: Although most patients experience minor pain after a facelift surgery, a pain medication is usually prescribed by your surgeon for easing any kind of discomfort you experience. Skin numbness is likely after the surgery, which fades away on its own within a few days.
- Swelling: A lot of swelling occurs right after a facelift surgery is completed. However, this is nothing to be worried about as swelling is a part of your body’s natural reaction to any kind of injury. It subsides on its own as the body starts healing itself. The major swelling goes away within a few days, but some swelling may be experienced for several weeks after the surgery.
- Bruising: Similar to swelling, bruising is also a natural aspect of the body after a facelift surgery. It occurs as the body reacts to the changes. Bruising is most common during the first few days after a facelift surgery, and it is most likely to occur around the eyes. It takes about 10-15days for the bruising to go away completely. Improvement in bruising can be observed with each passing day.
- Scarring: Scarring is likely to remain pink for some months after a facelift surgery, after which it turns whitish and hardly noticeable.
Risks: Apart from the risks associated with any surgical procedure, other risks and complications which are likely after a facelift surgery are as follows:
- Injury to the nerves which control your facial muscles, although this is temporary.
- Problems related to proper skin healing. This is more common in patients who smoke.
- Crusts on the incisions made during the facelift surgery are also indicated. This too is temporary.
- A numb and tingling sensation around the incisions may be experienced.
However, it is also important to point out that facelift surgery is one of the most commonly performed facial surgeries all over the world with very good and satisfying results. More and more women and men are opting for this because it causes age reversal like no other method. The age is almost reversed at least 7-8 years and it is a very long lasting procedure. Most of the people look at it as an investment that they make on themselves rather than as an expense. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a Cosmetic/Plastic Surgeon.
I have had a hair transplant 3 weeks ago but still I didn't get best result that I want, so please tell me the NUTRITION that important to re-growth of my hair.
Tummy tuck surgery or Abdominoplasty is a cosmetic plastic surgery procedure which tightens the muscles of your tummy. Loose skin and fat from your abdomen are also removed and as a result, the abdomen gets flat and toned. This surgery is common among women after pregnancy who want to restore their figure. This surgery also assists patients who have lost a large amount of weight in a short time period. Most tummy tuck surgeries are carried out for cosmetic reasons. However, there are certain medical benefits, which are gained after an abdominplasty is carried out. They are enlisted below.
- Stress urinary incontinence is reduced: After giving birth, many women develop Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI). This is a bladder control disorder that causes leakage of urine without control when you sneeze, cough or laugh loudly. Usually, this disorder can be treated without having a surgery, but in certain cases a tummy tuck enables speedy recovery in patients who did not have a caesarian section. A slight amount of bladder obstruction is created, which reduces the SUI.
- Gives you a better posture and enhanced abdominal tone: The stomach muscles sometimes become distended due to extreme loss of weight or because of pregnancy. A tummy tuck surgery helps in tightening of the weak muscles, removes excess fat and skin and the abdomen gets flattened. After carrying out a tummy tuck, people get an improved posture as the tightened muscles provide better support to the vertebrae.
- Correction of ventral hernia: A ventral hernia occurs due to the breake down of intestinal or abdominal tissues through the abdomen walls, and a sack is formed. The causes include abdominal weakness as a result of huge weight loss or previous surgeries.
The symptoms that lead to a ventral hernia correction are similar to the symptoms of a tummy tuck, as both the surgeries rectify abdominal muscles. Once you have a ventral hernia correction, you may need to repeat it again. In case you have this type of surgery, it is recommended that you should also have a tummy tuck done. This might prevent future occurrence as the combined methods leave you in a much safer condition. Medical expenses and recovery time are also reduced.
Tummy tuck surgery is becoming increasingly popular these days. It is a major surgery which requires almost five hours to be completed successfully. A tummy tuck can remove up to ten pounds of fat from a person’s abdomen. It takes several weeks to recover after having a tummy tuck surgery. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Large breasts are not just aesthetically unappealing but can also lead to a lot of structural problems including neck and back pain. This condition, called macromastia, is when either breast weighs more than 500 g. Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is aimed at reducing the size of the breasts followed by reshaping them if required. This will not just produce an aesthetically appealing image for the person but also can help relieve problems like neck and back pain.
Indications - When should you have breast reduction?
- There is constant back, shoulder, head, and/or neck pain
- Constant irritation of skin under the breasts
- Breathing difficulty
- Grooves on the shoulders from bra straps
- Poor posture
- Numbness in parts of the breasts and upper chest due to excessive weight
- Unhappy with the overall appearance
While these are the problems that mandate breast reduction, the following is a pointer towards who can go for the surgery. Needless to say, not everybody is a candidate.
- The person should have overall good health
- No active diseases or pre-existing medical conditions.
- Skin has adequate elasticity and can resume a firm consistency after the surgery
- Emotional and mental stability with loads of patience
- Done with childbirth and breastfeeding
- Be practical and have realistic expectations from the surgery
Overview of the procedure:
It is most often a combination of liposuction and gland reduction. Liposuction forms a small part of the procedure and it is the gland reshaping that actually reduces the size. There are many ways to do it and different surgeons may prefer different techniques depending on the size of the breast, quality of the skin, expectation of the patient. The two most common ways are one in which the final scars lie around the areola and vertically downwards and the other in which the scar is anchor shaped with an additional horizontal limb along the breast crease under the breast.
To achieve the best desired results, the first step is to have a detailed discussion. A thorough physical examination followed by mammographic evaluation will help arrive at the best possible technique. Along with the desired results, also discuss side effects, limitations, risks, postoperative care, recovery, and of course costs. Other factors are also to be considered including age, gestational history, feeding history, medication allergies, and detailed medical history including bleeding disorders, lung diseases, cardiac issues, etc.
A decision is then finally made to go ahead with breast reduction, which will not just improve her looks but also her confidence and relieve her of problems that back ache and neck pain. If you wish to discuss any specific problem, you can consult a cosmetic-plastic surgeon.
Hello sir. Do smoking n drinking alcohol around 2 times a week have any effect on face skin tone? And is there any link between these n skin rashes? kindly help.
Hello doctor's after gynecomastia surgery can I play football professionally. Is that any problems occurring in future as playing football or any other workout. please doctors tell me I am worried about this question.
Bringing a child into this world is one of the most wonderful phases of a woman's life. At the same time, this involves a lot of body changes - physiologically, physically, chemically, and emotionally.
Mommy makeover refers to one or a combination of procedures that are done to alter the appearance after delivery, especially relating to one or more of the following:
- Tummy that is sagging (no fat, just loose skin) with stretch marks
- Breasts that are altered in size and shape, sometimes the enlargement could be completely disproportionate with the body and cause back pain
- Undefined thick waistline with irregular fat accumulation
- Fat deposits on the abdomen, thighs, hips, and trunk that do not reduce with dietary changes and exercise
- Skin changes on the face and around the eyes, giving an aged appearance
- Post cesarean, there is excessive skin around the surgical scar
- Reduces tummy size
- Gives a more youthful appearance
- Alters breasts to the desired shape and size
- Weight loss, if happens, could affect the results
- Subsequent pregnancies don't have any complications with tummy tuck but with another pregnancy the effects may be lessened or reversed.
- Since surgery is involved, the risk of unforeseen complications always exists (for instance, in breast implants, there is capsule formation or capsulitis, in rare cases rupture may require removal.)
Mommy makeover is not a single step procedure, but a combination of plastic surgical procedures that are done depending on the problem you present with.
- Tummy tuck - If there is abdominal sagging, the tummy is tucked back into position by removing the fat and excessive skin and reworking on the belly button.
- Liposuction - Excessive fat deposits in the hips, thighs, trunk area can be removed by sucking out the fat deposits. Most commonly done in the hips and trunk area.
- Breast lift - Sagging uneven breasts, drooping nipples, reduced volume are all indications for a breast lift. During the surgery, the breast tissue is repositioned to reproduce a better shape and size and reposition the nipples if required.
- Breast reduction - Large breasts are a common problem, and breast reduction is one of the most requested for procedures.
- Breast augmentation - Either saline implants or silicone are used to restore breast size and shape to the desired results. Usually, breast lift is combined with breast augmentation.
- Facial corrections - From dark circles to sagging skin to wrinkles, facial appearance can be changed based on the presenting symptoms.
These are very brief descriptions of the various procedures that are done as part of mummy makeover. A detailed consultation with your plastic surgeon regarding costs, subsequent pregnancies, aftercare, recovery, healing, and limitations and risks is to be had ahead of the surgery.
I got a stich mark after an accident I met and now is their any way to grow hair over that stich mark.
The difference between these two terms depends upon who you ask for the definition. Most people define liposuction as the technique for removing a considerable amount of fat whereas liposculpture is a process for removing a lesser amount of fat in a way that it reflects the underlying muscles. Liposculpture is great for creating a toned and athletic appearance rather than the bulk of shapeless volume.
Liposuction or Liposculpture: When you are spoilt for choice, which one would you opt for? The reply is obvious; most people would love to be sculpted rather than sucked. The term liposculpture rose into prominence primarily to connote a more refined overall impression of sculpture than mere suction. In the early times, there were some cosmetic surgeons who used this term to denote a practice of lipo-etching or superficial liposuction where more fragile and delicate contouring is carried out on the upper surface of the fat, but it creates a higher risk of producing irregularities and undulations on the contour.
Is it a marketing gimmick? Every plastic surgeon does sculpting while performing liposuction irrespective of the method implemented, be it, AquaJet, Slimlipo, lipotherme, VASER, Coollipo, etc. Liposculpture is therefore, a marketing name coined by the enterprise that produces the VASER ultrasound-assisted liposuction instrument.
Since both these terms are used interchangeably, the most important thing is to pay a visit to a certified surgeon. So regardless of the name by which you call it, it is a process that reshapes the body by removing the local fat deposits permanently. This is a very popular process among both males and females.
Liposculpture to remove stubborn body fat: Fatty deposits on the inner thighs and tummy are sometimes resistant to work out and diet. Many obese people lose their interest in losing weight without seeing any significant change in the lower part of the body. The overall proportions of fat on the body appear unbalanced and in such cases, liposuction or liposculpture, whatever you call it may help you to trim down the excess fat from your body and help you reach a more attractive shape and body contour.
Besides offering you a proportionate body shape, you will also feel a psychological lift with this process. It will boost your level of confidence, and you shall be brimming with energy. In addition, patients who have undergone liposculpture rejoice the ability to maintain a daily workout schedule. Many patients express their happiness for not being worried by chafing in the tummy or thigh area, and they are also able to put on fashionable clothes after going through liposculpture.
If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a the doctor and ask a free question.
Lot of weakness. Pain in legs n back Itching in both palms n both feet. Small small pimples are visible on hands n palm. Yesterday night I even puked. My lever is weak from childhood I'm 17 Girl.
Stuck with extra flab that does not seem to go away, or simply trying to hide the sagging skin after losing tons of weight? Whatever the reason, a tummy tuck is a cosmetic means of fixing that unsightly area of your abdomen that many people have trouble with. While exercise and diet may all be good in theory, there are many circumstances that may require this kind of surgical intervention, which is also known as abdominoplasty in medical terms. Read on to know more about it.
- Ideal Candidates:Who is the best candidate for this kind of procedure? To begin with, women have a hard time achieving a taut tummy especially after a few pregnancies. They can easily make use of this kind of procedure in order to have the excess flab removed surgically. Also, men and women who were once obese and still have rings of excess fat deposits around this region as well as loose skin due to sudden weight loss, can use this procedure. The people who want to go in for this kind of surgery will also need to be in good health condition in order to qualify for the same.
- Not so Ideal Candidates:If you have been pregnant before and are planning another pregnancy, then you may want to wait before having this surgery as the vertical muscles that are tightened during the surgery can be separated due to pregnancy and child birth again, which will reverse the effects of the surgery. Also, it should be the last resort after you have tried myriad weight loss measures. Further, people who are suffering from conditions like diabetes and cardiovascular diseases should have a talk with the doctor about the safety of such a procedure first.
- Types of Abdominoplasty:There are two kinds of abdominoplasty. The first kind of called complete abdominoplasty. In this procedure, the surgeon will cut open the abdomen from one hip to another, and then carry out contouring of the skin, tissue and muscle as per the requirement of the patient. In this procedure, the belly button of the patient will also be moved and drainage tubes may be inserted for a few days. The other kind is partial abdominoplasty which is basically done for people who have fat deposits under their navel. The procedure is short and does not require belly button movement.
- Preparation:One should be careful not to smoke or drink before the procedure and to keep a stack of loose clothing and ice packs ready for later.
Talk to your doctor in detail regarding complications and the aftermath so that you are better able to take care of yourself after the surgery.