Treatment of Mirena (Hormonal Iud)
Pap Smear Procedure
Dilatation And Curettage (D C) Procedure
Proton Therapy Treatment
Preimplantation Genetic Diagnosis (Pgd)
Pregnant Women Counseling
Prenatal And Birth Care
Musculoskeletal Pain Management
Ovarian Ablation Procedure
Treatment Of Female Sexual Problems
Egg Donation Procedure
Treatment Of Menstrual Problems
Treatment Of Menopause Related Issues
Treatment of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome In Adolesce
Pre And Post Delivery Care
Submit a review for Dr Indira's ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Indira Das provides answers that are very helpful. Mam.. i got follicular study last month mam..
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Indira Das to be very helpful. Knowledgeable and helpful
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Indira Das to be knowledgeable. Thank you mam.
Dr. Indira Das provides answers that are caring. You're straight to the point.
Dr. Indira Das provides answers that are very helpful. Thank you mam.
Dr. Indira Das provides answers that are very helpful. Very helpful
Dr. Indira Das provides answers that are very helpful. Good
The news of pregnancy can be one of the best news in a couple’s lifetime. However, where this news does not arrive, it can turn very stressful. Whatever the reasons, if a couple has been trying to have a baby and are not able to, it can be very strenuous. However, statistics reveal that most couples take four to six months to conceive. Some couples even take up to two years.
Lifestyles are changing and there are a lot of factors, which determine the ability of a couple to conceive. There could be issues with either of the couple, and sometimes it might not even be an actual issue, but only psychological barriers hampering the health of the relationship.
Some common conditions that can contribute to the couple not conceiving include endometriosis, ovarian issues, polycystic ovaries, hormonal imbalances, medical illnesses, etc. A few common remedies can be tried first, before reaching out for professional help.
- Using lubricants without spermicide topical agents may be used, but some of them could contain chemicals, which are spermicides and reduce the sperm count. This needs to be ruled out before investigating the cause for infertility.
- Vitamin B6 helps in the luteal phase, which is from the time of ovulation to menstruation. Zinc also plays a vital role in pregnancy and conception, and so it is advisable to take these supplements when trying to get pregnant.
- Weight management, quit smoking, improved hydration, general detoxification, dietary changes, adequate hours of sleep are some changes that can immensely benefit.
- An ovulation predictor kit and trying to conceive around that time also increases chances of conception.
- For a woman who is 35 years or younger, conception should happen in about four to six months’ time. If not, it is time to see a doctor to see what is preventing pregnancy.
Some of the other conditions, which would require a visit to the doctor are as follows:
- Consumption of regular asthma medications
- Diabetic patients
- Epilepsy patients
- Chronic smoker
- Underweight or overweight women
- Diagnosed endometriosis
- History of polycystic ovaries
- History of irregular periods or other menstrual disorders
- History of thyroid disease, especially hypothyroidism, which is one of the main contributing reasons for infertility. Quite often, treating the thyroid levels can lead to pregnancy
- History of sexually transmitted disease like chlamydia
- History of sexual hormonal imbalance
- History of prolonged use of birth control pills
If there is no underlying medical issue, it will happen, don’t be anxious. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist.
After sex, you came to know that the turned piece of condom remains inside the vagina. Actually its a doubt. Is that the thing is really worried?
Yesterday while in a public bathroom I thought these little spots of red were just paint until I turned on the sink to wash my hands and it turned out that it was blood. Now, if that person had aids am I in any way susceptible to getting it? I have no cuts on my hands.
I am a female of 36 years and married from last 2 months. I and my husband stay apart because of our job but met thrice in 2 months for more than a week. As I haven't conceived in this span so I feel I should see a doctor. Kindly suggest.
I had an abortion on 10th jan. I got hcg blood test done today. The result is 3.13 mIU/ml. What does this indicate? Is the pregnancy terminated?
In the semen culture test find that bacterial infection is there any problem in fertility. If I use tablet for this any problem for trying conceiving? How long take for cure this problem.
Wife had miscarriage recently. Blood group of wife is o-ve. My blood group is b-ve. Does my wife need to take any injection or meditation for conceiving? After how many months should we try for pregnancy? And after how many days should we start doing sex, and if after next period should we start sex then should we use condom or wat? After miscarriage, the foods was removed via tablets.
We had an unprotected sex @21 Dec and she took unwanted 72 right after that and then she bled on 26th dec. 10th Jan we had an unplanned intercourse again and had to take that pill again the next hour. She has decided not to take ipill again so will not have unprotected. So what are the causes now and for what she has to wait so that we can be relieved please help. Her period was on 25th November den when she had unwanted 72 for the first time then she bled 26th December.
I am also suffering from PCOS. My doctor is also giving me oral contraceptive pills OVRAL-L. want to know that are these pills are safe and it will not do any harm for future. Like in future for getting pregnant there will not be any complications because of these pills?
Am a mother of 6 month old baby, me and my husband have not started to have sex, I don't know how to start with as he seems to be less interest I don't know, what is the problem with both of us? Could you suggest me what can I do to solve this.
Recently married .having our regular meets at night. Afraid of early pregnancy .how to avoid .plz give precautions and avoid pregnancy for some months.
Are you pregnant and planning on having a natural childbirth? There are several things to keep in mind when considering a natural childbirth. Natural birth involves no interventions and drugs and you need to prepare well for it. Here are some important tips you should follow, if you want to have a natural childbirth:
- Choose a birth environment of your choice: You should choose a safe place for giving birth. Many women feel more secure at home and prefer it as the place for giving birth, while some choose a hospital.
- Choose a care provider you trust: It is important for you to choose a trustworthy care provider, who will make you feel at ease and will pay respect to your wishes. In the case of giving birth in a hospital, you can opt for hiring a doula.
- Prepare your body: It is important to prepare your body physically before natural childbirth. Pregnancy is quite exhausting and makes you want to refrain from activities, but you should walk for some time every day to keep fit. Keeping your body in good shape will help you with stamina during delivery.
- Ice Game: You can play the ice game with your partner. It is a game designed to give you a glimpse of how to handle labor pain. This is more of an assessment, meant for giving you an idea about coping with pain of contractions. This method is also ideal for learning to deal with pain.
- Educate yourself: It is important for you to read a lot about pregnancy. You should read from the Internet and also from books and stories related to natural childbirth.
- Be positive: It is very important for you to maintain a positive state of mind, prior to your natural childbirth. You need to be determined and strong and reiterate to yourself that you are strong and will be able to cope with the process.
- Coping strategies: Learn about various coping strategies. Keeping your jaw relaxed, horse lips, and low moaning are some strategies you can try.
- Avoid cervical checks: Try avoiding cervical checks as much as possible, as they are not always a progressive measure. You do not have to be too much focused on dilation numbers.
- Prepare your partner: Your partner also has to play an important role during your childbirth. You should make him learn all the major facts regarding natural childbirth and let him know about your expectations and hopes for labor.
- Change positions during labor: You should try different positions during labor, and not think of being silly.
It is also important for you to get rid of preconceived ideas of natural childbirth from your mind. The process is different in different women, and you must embrace it. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a gynaecologist and ask a free question.