Hair fall is a very common phenomenon that plagues millions of people around the globe. Most of us take vitamin supplements on a regular basis as it improves the health of our hair and skin. But if a balanced nutrition of vitamins, proteins, minerals and fats is required to enhance the result which can only be ensured by Cyclical Nutritional Program (Hair Fast) along with regular vitamin intake. Read on to find out how exactly do the various vitamins help your hair:
- Vitamin A: This vitamin controls the production of retinoic acid in your hair follicle. It is not only helpful for skin care but stimulates hair growth also. It is immensely fruitful in moisturizing your hair and keeping it healthy. Vitamin A is usually found in sweet potatoes, carrots, tuna, lettuce, mango, sweet red peppers, green leafy vegetables and spinach.
- Vitamin B: Variants of this, such as B12, aids in hair growth by managing stress. Vitamin B is found in fruits such as oranges, papayas, and beans.
- Vitamin C: This vitamin helps you absorb iron from the food you eat which is an absolute essential for hair growth. It also boosts the synthesis of collagen that is required to repair the damage and sustain the structure of your hair. Fruits such as papayas, guavas, lemons, sweet lime, orange, kiwi and vegetables such as broccoli, yellow bell peppers and leafy vegetables are replete with Vitamin C.
- Vitamin D: This vitamin rejuvenates the hair cells in order to form new hair shafts. Vitamin D is found in dairy products, mushrooms, soy milk, tofu and cheese. Vitamin D is also naturally made by your body when you expose your skin to the sun and is called the sunshine vitamin.
- Vitamin E: This aids in stimulating capillaries and enhancing blood circulation on the scalp. This additionally contributes to hair growth due to its high anti-inflammatory properties and antioxidant content. Certain foods loaded with Vitamin E are pumpkin, broccoli, aloe vera,olive oil, sunflower seeds, almonds, avocado, tofu and spinach.
- Vitamin B5: It is also known as Panthenol, is a vital ingredient that is used in medicines to regulate hair hall. Foods enriched with Vitamin B5 are sweet potatoes, sunflower seeds, avocados, cheese and mushrooms.
Other Ways to Help Hair
We have gone over the vitamins that may be important for the health of your hair. Besides various Vitamins, amino acids, minerals like iron, calcium, fatty acids and selective antioxidants play a significant role in hair regrowth and maintenance. Plus, lifestyle changes can help just as much. Try:
- Cutting back on gels, blow-drying, and brushing hair when wet
- Lowering your stress levels by exercising at least 30 minutes a day
- Drinking enough water, 6-8 glasses a day
- Being mindful of the foods and drinks you consume, the products you use, and the way you manage stress can all help improve the well-being of your hair.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!