Insomnia can be defined as a sleep disorder where people have difficulty falling asleep easily. It also includes the condition where people abruptly wake up from their sleep at night and then find it difficult to go back to sleep once again.
The following home remedies can be adopted for treating insomnia:
Some side effects that these home remedies can have are:
The post remedy guidelines of insomnia would include:
The solutions for insomnia can be simple, but the results may appear after a long time. This often results in patients getting frustrated. Self-therapy techniques usually take a while before showing the desired effects. The time for recovery varies from person to person. For some people, a noticeable change in their sleeping pattern can be observed within a week of practising these home remedies. Some people may require three to four months or even longer. The best way to deal with insomnia is in a calm and relaxed manner.
Insomnia relapses are very common where you can experience sleep disorders with worse episodes. It generally occurs after showing signs of considerable improvement. In case of chronic insomnia, it may take quite a long time to recover, but it is a slow and sure progress. In the early stages, it may seem that results are hard to come by, but with proper determination and patience, the symptoms will get better. In many cases, insomnia can be permanently cured.
The home remedies do not require any training or expertise as such. You can do them on your own at your convenience. However, if you are taking yoga classes, you must practise it under the supervision of an experienced trainer. He/ She can teach you the proper technique so that you do them correctly for beneficial results. If done incorrectly, you may sprain or injure yourself and that can become an added concern for you.
Approx Rs. 100 - Rs. 3000
Generally, there would be no training or expert supervision required for the home remedies. In case you are practising yoga, you will require an experienced yoga trainer.
After a hard day the only relief one has is to get a good night’s rest and drift off to the world of sweet sleep. You might find yourself wide awake at night, even when your body is extremely tired. This difficulty to fall asleep naturally is called insomnia. If this inability to sleep continues for a long time, it becomes a sleep disorder and can cause many physical and health issues.
Reasons behind Insomnia
The lifestyle of the twenty first century can be very demanding. A disorder like Insomnia can be easily triggered with various factors they include:
1. Emotional stress: The rollercoaster of emotions that one deals with had a huge effect on their sleep cycle. A stressed mindset will find it hard to be put to rest and as this unwanted stress continues each day.
2. Fluctuating hormones in a woman’s body: Women tend to be the victims of insomnia more often than their male counterparts. These changes may include conditions such as PMS, menstruation problem, pregnancy and menopause.
3. Use of caffeine and anti depressants: Excessive coffee drinkers might find it difficult to relax their brain, since the caffeine in tea and coffee keeps one brain alert, hence too much of caffeine consumption can be a cause of insomnia. Even smokers might face the same problem since the nicotine acts as an alerting agent.
4. Systemic disorders: Disorders like Asthma and Hyperthyroidism and other various medical conditions such as high blood pressure, heart disease, asthma, arthritis, allergies, hyperthyroidism and Parkinson’s disease can do the same.
Treating insomnia with homeopathy
The reason why Insomnia can be treated the best way through homeopathy is because this treatment is both free from any side effects and is quick in its effects as well in comparison to other conventional methods which induce artificial sleep that can have harrowing effects. On the contrary, homeopathy is a completely natural treatment that doesn’t include any artificial drugs and its small doses work just the right way.
1. Coffea Cruda is a homeopathic medicine that is most often used for treating insomnia of acute origin or when the disorder only lasts for a brief moment of time. As the name suggests it is made from coffee beans.
2. Nux Vomica is more suited when insomnia is due to the abuse of stimulants like too much of alcohol, coffee or nicotine. Other medicines such as opium, aconite, arsenic are also recommended by a specialized homeopath.
It is always recommended to consult a specialized homeopath before taking any medication.