Cancer develops when certain unhealthy cells of your body deviate from their normal lifecycle – they do not die - and start to accumulate, leading to the uncontrolled growth of abnormal body cells. These newly formed cells create a mass of tissue known as tumor that results in cancer. Cancer is a life threatening disorder and as per statistics, approximately 3.9 million Indians were diagnosed with cancer in 2016.
Several genetic, lifestyle and environmental factors contribute to the development of cancer - family history, smoking, alcohol etc.
Different Types of Cancer-
Cancers can originate in any part of the body and may spread to other portions/organs. most common types of cancer are-
1) Breast cancer- When cancer forms in the cells of the breast. This type of cancer is more common in women than in men.
2) Prostate cancer- This is one of the most common types of cancer seen in men. It progresses gradually and remains confined to the prostate gland in the initial stages. In some cases, the cancer cells may grow more aggressively and spread to other body parts.
3) Melanoma- This is the most serious form of skin cancer. Melanoma occurs when the pigment-producing cells, which give your skin its characteristic color, become cancerous.
4) Colon cancer- Colon cancer develops in the colon or the rectum. Initially, Colon cancer originates as polyps - abnormal growths found within the colon or rectum, that may become cancerous if left untreated.
5) Lung cancer- This is by far the leading cause of cancer deaths worldwide. It develops in the lungs and most often affects those who smoke. In 2013, 90,000 people in India died from lung cancer.
6) Leukemia- Leukemia refers to the cancer of the blood tissues including the bone marrow.
Can Ayurveda help treat Cancer?
The inception of Ayurveda began 5000 years ago. Since then, this branch of medicine is used to treat several disorders and ailments. What is more fascinating is that Ayurveda has now been proven credible in treating critical cancer as well!
Conventional cancer treatment can be physically exhausting for the patient, and often have adverse effects on the body. Ayurveda therapies use natural remedies to cure the disease and prevent its recurrence. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!