Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Sir I am suffering from abdominal pain from last year. Whenever I eat chicken, paratha, puri even in small quantities I tend to get constipation or diarrhea with abdominal pain. I eat normal meds and I get fine but its happening again and again. Pain is like cramps in my stomach. And from last 3 or 4 months I get pain and thn high fever once a month. Do you think it can be Irritable bowel syndrome? I never get proper bowel sometimes its sticky dark, sometimes its watery and sometimes the bowel does not pass for 2 days. Please reply and tell me what should I do? In kanpur a doc told me to have barium xray I guess and thn he told me that I have swelling in intestines and I took meds from him but it has been 20 days since thn but I do not feel any better. I am fine and few days ago I ate some puri and I got stomach infection and thn I got meds from a medical store and I was fine. I do not know what to do. Should I continue my medication from that doc or change it? Please guide.

1 Doctor Answered
Hii. It is IBS only. Improve your diet by avoiding spicy oily and outside food. Avoid milk for sometime. Take curd and paneer. Dietary precautions will help you. You can share your prescription written by the doctor in kanpur. Treatment should be revised. For medications you can consult me online.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.