I am 76, suffering from pain in knee joint. Diagnosed as osteoarthritis, suggested joint replacement. I am not ready to go for operation as I fear of not maintaining post surgery care. Is there any technology in providing cartilage to my existing joints?

Hi lybrate-user, osteoarthritis is a common problem in old age due to degeneration of knee cartilage leading to pain and restricting the joint range and deformed joints. It is treatment depends upon on what stage arthritis is. Early stage arthritis can be managed by conservative management like calcium and pain killers tablets along with alternative medicine like physiotherapy, homeopathy Ayurveda, etc. If cartilages are more damaged than you have to go for surgery. All depends upon what and how much difficulty you are facing in day to day life. There are many capsules and tablets are available in market claims it can regenerate cartilage but all under trail. May or may not help you can search and take also there is alternative therapy like Sahaj therapy. please search on the internet it. It is claimed as a noninvasive and painless way to regenerate cartilage and alternative to knee replacement. You can further research more hope this will help you thank you.