I am a 33-year-old male. I am facing issues with sustaining an erection - I do get a good erection but I lose it quickly. This has affected my sexual life and is adding to my anxiety. Additionally, I take prescribed medication for hypertension - telsartan trio - not sure if this is a result of that or me being overweight. My exercise once or twice every week but get 15-20 mins on a walk every day. What is the best course of treatment?

Hello Lybrate-User, The Best course of action would be a thorough physical and psychological assessment keeping in mind your current sexual problems. It is very difficult at times to differentiate between cause and effect. This can be iatrogenic also (side effect or unwanted effects of medicines). If required some investigations can also be ordered to rule out metabolic factors also eg. Diabetes. I would recommend that you meet a mental health professional for the same. Adopt a healthy lifestyle and keep away from substance use (alcohol, tobacco etc). Best luck thanks.
Hello friend, good that you are seeking a help here. While you continue your meditation, it's important to assess the actual root cause cause to get permanent relief from this problem. Such problems of premature ejaculation or erectile dysfunction are mostly due to weakness in physical condition or due to excess masturbation or psychological factors like stress or fear or anxiety in mind. In most cases, overthinking about the past failures or fear or inferiority complex or anxiety about performance issues causes all the damage. You need to follow certain stress management techniques and relaxation techniques to keep your mind calm. Be positive. It's a treatable problem if you are willing to adopt few changes in your lifestyle, dietary changes, home remedies, daily routines along with few excersise routine and mindset change therapies etc. Feel free reach online or through Lybrate chat for further detailed evaluation of your both physical and mental symptoms to recommend suitable therapy and counseling support. Be positive. You will be alright soon.