0+ Best Psychiatrists
|Doctor's Name||Clinic Fees||Lybrate Ratings|
|Shamala Vatsa||₹ 500||NA|
Patient reviews for Psychiatrists
Frequently Asked Questions
Best Psychiatrists in India
Psychiatrist are the medical professionals, you should visit when you face any kind of mental health related issues or problems and they can consult with you in a very professional manner to get you past the problem that has been concerning your mental health.
There are a lot of psychiatrists in India and they are located in each and every city of the nation and all of them are very well qualified and trained properly to provide the appropriate treatment that is required for treating the medical condition of the person reaching out to them for treatment.
Some of the psychiatrists in India are also known worldwide for their treatment and work and almost all the psychiatrists in India are adequately experienced.
Types of Psychiatrists in India
Each psychiatrist has a particular area or trait that he can treat and he holds expertise only in one area. There are so many sub categories in psychiatry and the sub categories are listed below:
- Addiction psychiatry
- Child and adolescent psychiatry
- Geriatric psychiatry which is known to focus only on adults
- Young adult psychiatry
- Forensic psychiatry and this one is known to focus on the mental health within the legal system and works for the people who are on trial and have a criminal record.
- Perinatal psychiatry and this one is known to focus on the issues that are going to rise at the time of pregnancy and during the first antenatal year.
Roles and Responsibilities of a Psychiatrist
There is a vital role which is played by the psychiatrist in the mental health of a person and there are so many responsibilities as well that come along with this. Some of the roles and responsibilities that a psychiatrist have to fulfill are listed below:
- He is the one who needs to evaluate and diagnose the patient suffering from the mental illness.
- He is responsible for prescribing the medication for the patients.
- He will be conducting several other treatments which may involve electroconvulsive therapy and psychotherapy.
- He will take care of the patient who has an ongoing treatment and evaluate his health properly.
- He is responsible for managing the medication for the patient.
How Psychiatrists Treat their Patients?
A psychiatrist not only treats problems like mental illnesses but also provides support for some other problems as well and those problems are given below and by supporting these problems he improves the mental health of the person as well. The problem are:
- Eating disorders which include bulimia, anorexia, etc.
- Anxiety disorders like phobias, OCS, etc.
- Personality disorders
- Sleep disorders
- Neurocognitive disorders which are related to dementia or to a trauma or stress
- Disorders attention deficit
- Addiction and the disorders which are related to the intake of alcohol and drugs
Types of Processes Followed by a Psychiatrist
The type of process followed by any psychiatrist is totally dependent on the need of the person and the processes can be psychosocial interventions, talk therapy, medications and other treatments which includes electroconvulsive therapy or ECT.
How Psychiatrists differ from psychologists and therapists
The main difference between a psychiatrist and psychologist is said to be the difference between the treatment method, a psychiatrist can prescribe medications for the treatment of the condition of the patient whereas a psychologist needs to focus on the therapeutic processes for the treatment of the condition of a person.
The City where the expert psychologists are available in India
There are so many psychologists present in India and almost all the cities of India have very nice psychologists and all of them are trained and educated properly for providing any kind of treatment but the cities which have the most expert psychologists and experienced in India are found to be Hyderabad, Mumbai Noida, Chennai, New Delhi, etc.
Finding the Right Psychiatrist for You
You can find the right psychiatrist for yourself with careful considerations and need to consider all the proper variables like his communication style, patient reviews, insurance, area of speciality and other relevant variables.
What do Psychiatrists do?
Psychiatrists are those medical professionals who are known for the evaluation, diagnosis and treatment of various kinds of mental health problems and disorders and these problems might include depression, personality disorders, addictive behaviors, etc.
Do Psychiatrists treat all kinds of mental problems?
No, a psychiatrist cannot treat all kinds of mental problems but he can provide help in the improvement of the conditions.
How do I choose the best Psychiatrist of India?
For the choosing the best psychiatrist in India you need to follow some steps and those steps are written below:
- You can ask for a referral list from your known ones.
- You can also look for nice professionals through the insurance you possess.
- You need to consider the communication style you want to proceed with.
- You need to go through the patient reviews of the doctor.
- You need to consider his speciality in this field.
- You can also consider the option of telemedicine.
- You can also think of considering the gender of the doctor depending upon your comfort level.
- You need to consider the experience of the doctor.
- You should utilize all your local resources.
Is psychiatry a MBBS?
Psychiatry is generally a PG diploma which you can only pursue once you have completed your MBBS degree.
What to know before talking to a psychiatrist?
There are certain things that you should know before talking to a psychiatrist and they are listed below:
- You need to be aware about your own medical history
- You should know the basics about mental health
- You should consider the things you are looking in your psychiatrist
- You should come prepared with some questions