Last Updated: Jul 21, 2020
If you're suffering from weak memory or memory loss, Ayurveda might be able to improve memory power. Ayurveda uses natural remedies to cure many diseases, and even though forgetting where you put your glasses or cell phones may not sound discrete enough, it may be early signs of Dementia. Before it escalates to that level, here are 5 foods used in Ayurveda that you may try to curb it as the first signs appear.
Ayurvedic Tips for Memory Improvement
- Almonds are the most effective food items to increase your brain power and cure amnesia. They are a rich source of Omega-3 fatty acids and antioxidants that hike up your mental prowess. It is best to have them early in the morning, grinded and mixed with milk and sugar (or a healthier supplement being honey), or otherwise, after being soaked overnight in water.
- Ayurvedic medicine used to improve memory power, like rosemary, Brahmi, ashwagandha, shankhapushpi, licorice plant, etc., are all known to have medicinal properties that improve your brainpower. Regulated incorporation of these ayurvedic herbs in your diet in requisite amount relaxes your mind, and thereby improves its functioning capacity.
- Indian Gooseberry or amla, is rich in Vitamin C, as well as antioxidants, which help boost immunity, but other than that, amla is also known to have properties to strengthen your nervous system. This ayurvedic herb used to improve memory and good remedies for managing Alzheimer's disease. It can be consumed raw or dried, and at times along with white sesame seeds.
- Fish oil is an excellent way to enhance your memory, especially if you are a non-vegetarian. It contains rich quantities of Omega-3 fatty acids, which help rejuvenate your brain cells. But if you are a vegetarian or vegan, fish oil or even fishes like salmon, might not be best suited to your dietary preference, in which case it may be more helpful to consume Omega-3 supplements which are readily available in the market or even fenugreek seeds.
- Cinnamon helps in revitalizing your mental health when consumed, or even when smelled. Add a pinch of cinnamon to your food, or mix a teaspoon with honey, and it will work wonders for your mental health.
Update From Lybrate: Brain care supplements are beneficial for the healthy working of the brain. Buy these Memory Booster Supplements from Lybrate and enhance your creativity, skills, memory, etc.