Ask FREE question to Women health doctors
Private, Secure and verified doctors.

I am suffering from endometriosis problem, I had surgery to remove uterus polyp in jun 2018 and was on vaccine for 3 months. Still, I was bleeding heavily. In nov I started using mirena. Still I was bleeding for 25 days and doctor said iud takes time to be effective. Jan, feb I got little relief but again in mar 10 days+ and still bleeding not heavily but daily. I have pain in my abdominal and whole legs. I have a normal report only esr is 70. My doctor said legs pain are not due to endometriosis and you may have fibromyalgia or ra. I asked the doctor to have a test to confirm this. Can't my pain is due to endometriosis. I have lower body pain below pelvic. The test was done in sep 2018. My doctor simple denies the cause of pain is due to endometriosis. I have pain in my left side of the stomach at below also (on-off).

Hello. I do understand your problem. Endometriosis is a chronic debilitating disease and often the patient suffers a lot. Mirena is a good option for treatment for endometriosis. But it takes 4 to 6 months to be effective. Meanwhile, you can use dienogest (2m) .along with these calcium and vitamin d should also be added. Common symptoms of endometriosis are. 1)severe pain preceding periods and gets worsened during periods. 2) abnormal menstruation mainly heavy and increased bleeding. 3) infertility 4) pain during intercourse 5) chronic pelvic pain: pelvic discomfort or lower abdomen pain or backache: this occurs mainly due to inflammation of peritoneal implants, adhesions,invasion of nerves or involvement of bladder and bowel. Depending on the organ involved there are may ve urinary and gastrointestinal symptoms. The pain is more severe in case of deep infiltrating endometriosis. Leg pain though is not very common in endometriosis, but a radiating pain in the legs may be present due to nerve irritation. You must exclude more common causes of leg pain like orthopaedic causes, vitamin d deficiency etc. Get a orthopaedic consultation also. Best of luck.