Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 39 year old male with ankylosing spondylitis and I have pain in my sacroiliac joint. I take saaz ds and inmecin 25 everyday. Normally I am ok but during winter I get pain and make it difficult to walk. Can you suggest some thing better?

3 Doctors Answered
Dear lybrate-user do you have hla b27 test done? Is it positive? Consult the nearby rheumatologist or orthopedics. Depending upon the severity of your disease; and routine blood investigation (cbc, liver function test, kidney function test) methotrexate along with folvite, hydrochloroquine, phenylbutazone or monoclonal antibodies can be started. If you can not contact nearby doctors then kindly let me know the reports of above mentioned test and severity of pain, then I will start one of the above mentioned drug.
4 people found this helpful
Try hot fomentation try bhujang asana if possible.
1 person found this helpful
Chiropractic adjustment will help. Do the cat/cow stretch. Get on all fours, with your arms straight and your hands directly under your shoulders; your knees hip-width apart.
2 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.