Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I was suffering from depression since last 4-5 years. And I consulted psychiatrist who gave me medicines (medha vati ayurvedic, neurons kind lc allopathy, natrum muriaticum Kali phosphoricum in homeopathy) which were very helpful. Now I feel quite good. I am preparing for Ssc exams ,but I live along with my parents in home. They don't understand me and my situation and keep on pinching me on every single thing.(sometimes on marks sometimes on room condition etc etc) I feel very depressed due to all these things. Which makes me feel that I cannot qualify any exams.(I start loosing confidence on every single thing).

2 Doctors Answered
Dear lybrate-user, I cannot approve or disprove of the ayurvedic medicines you mentioned but I can say that a psychiatrist would certainly never prescribe you these except nurokind lc. I see that you are distressed and unsure of what is going on. A detailed conversation and guidance is required by a specialist. Please visit a qualified psychiatrist in your area or setup an Appointment with me over Lybrate at the earliest.
Dear Lybrate User It is good that you are concern about yourself and already taking up the medicinal treatment. But at the same time its important that you consult a counsellor who will help you in coming out of your depressive state. I also understand that being constantly pinched by your parents must be making you feel agitated and irritated. But you also need to understand that they are your parents and want the best for you. I accept that the way they are communicating their concern is not that appropriate or healthy. If you first understand that they are your well wishers then your level of anger or agitation towards them will reduce. I will also suggest that you talk to them separately whenever they are in calm mood. Try understand their worries and tension and then keep your point. If you handle the situation with calmness and communicate with love to your parents then they will try and understand you as well. If things still persists, you may take help of a counselor and discuss things with him or her. best of luck
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.