Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My mom has a swollen knee with too much of pain and it's more than a month now we consulted an orthopedist but she doesn't take d prescribed medicine what should I do.

1 Doctor Answered
Hello lybrate-user well its a age factor related problem as its a osteoarthritis in which knee become swollen and also painfull. Unable to walk and prolonged standing, in this condition physiotherapy must be given to the patient to restore and regain the strength of knee muscle, also at home give her hot fometation and some quadriceps strengthing exercises. Also calcium and vit d supplements and diet rich in calcium and protein. Take care of your mother. Have a nice day ahead.
8 people found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.