Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

My grandfather is 80 yrs. Old and has sudden pain in his back side. Please suggest any medical treatment or any medicines.

3 Doctors Answered
He must be osteoporotic. Consult ortho doctor .and start calcium and vit d3.
Old aged people complaining of sudden back pain we have to rule out fracture spine. A very common senario in old age .Better to take xray spine to rule out this. Pain killers ylto be used very cautious in old age people.
Apply Hot Fomentation twice daily. Avoid bending in front. Postural Correction- Sit Tall, Walk Tall.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.