If you are suffering from back pain, you should know that the tiniest of movements can trigger the same. Back pain may occur due to several factors or reasons and it hampers your daily activities and standards of life to a great extent. However, you need to become active instead of being immobile for relieving back pain. If any movement increases your pain, you must avoid doing it.
There are several exercises which help in strengthening your back muscles and performing these on a regular basis will provide you relief from back pain drastically. Here are 7 common exercises which you should carry out:
1. Pelvic tilt: You have to lie on your back and keep your knees bend, but touching. Your feet should stay flat on the floor. By flattening your lower back against the wall and tilting your pelvis downwards, you must maintain the position for 20 to 40 seconds. Meanwhile, you must breathe slowly and deeply and then release. This stretch requires small movements for reducing tension, thereby easing your back pain.
2. Lumbar stretch: You need to sit on a chair, roll your head, chest, neck and lower back forward till your head gets between the knees. Hold the position and take deep breaths. Slowly, get back to the sitting position. Repeat this twice.
3. Cat position: You have to kneel on your fours and keep the knees and hip width separate. Keep the stomach muscles tense, arch your back like a cat does and maintain the position for five seconds. Repeat this and then allow your stomach to drop towards the floor direction and hold it for five seconds again.
4. Curl ups: For this exercise, you should lie on your back with the knees bent and your feet kept flat on the floor. Placing your hands behind the head will make the stomach muscles tense. Then, lift your shoulders, head and upper back from the floor. Do this around 10 times. This is ideal for strengthening your back.
5. Dry swimming: Begin by lying on your stomach, keeping a rolled-up towel under your belly for support. By tightening your buttocks, raise one arm and the opposite leg simultaneously. Switch your arms and legs and perform this for about two minutes.
6. Leg lift: For leg lifts, you should lie on your back with the knees kept bend and the feet kept flat on the floor. You have to press your lower back to the floor and straighten a leg with the knees aligned. After bending your leg, return to the starting position and repeat the exercise on the other side.
7. Cobra stretch: The cobra stretch is another ideal movement for stretching your tight abdominal muscles and lower back. You need to lie on your stomach with your legs extended and your palms planted on the sides of your head.
A lack of effective and proper treatment for sciatica is even more apparent. Sciatica is a type of lower back pain that usually radiates down the backside of one leg. It’s most often the result of a bone spur on the spine, a herniated disc, or spinal stenosis. All of these back issues can compress the sciatic nerve and cause intense and debilitating pain, inflammation, and numbness in the affected limb. For years, doctors have searched for a treatment for sciatica without any measure of success. In mild cases, the pain usually subsides after a few days or weeks with anti-inflammatory medications and pain medications. Chronic sciatica usually results in a surgery recommendation from your doctor.
If you’re not ready to take the leap of surgery and don’t want to take pain relievers, muscle relaxants, anti-inflammatories, antidepressants, and other medications commonly prescribed to manage sciatica, there are alternative solutions. Garlic milk is one such solution.
Garlic milk to relieve sciatica.
It doesn’t exactly sound like a beverage of choice. However, this sciatica remedy has been around for centuries in ancient ayurveda practices and has quite a positive track record in treating back pain.
Garlic improves circulation and cardiovascular health to get more blood flow where it needs to go. It strengthens the immune system and reduces inflammation responses. It’s been studied in everything from cancer prevention to curing infections. Combine these potent properties with the calcium, protein, and vitamin b12 from milk for a quick and simple remedy that doesn’t have the risks and side effects of other back pain treatments. You’ll need to drink garlic milk once per day. Do remember that garlic is a natural blood thinner. Always consult with your physician if you’re already taking a blood thinner.
The recipe for garlic milk only has three ingredients and three steps:
• 8 ounces of milk
• 3-4 cloves of crushed garlic
• 1/2 tsp of honey
Step one: in a small saucepan, bring milk and crushed garlic to a slow boil over low heat; stir often and remove from heat as soon as the mixture boils.
Step two: add honey.
Step three: drink.