Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 22 years old female. I have lived in a distraught family. My parents have numbed their feeling to the extent that they do not care about anything. My mother is probably quite depressed but does not seek treatment. Since a week they have just stopping talking. None of us talk to each other not even a bye This has happened many times in the past. There is no explicable reason. When I could not take it anymore and reached out to them to ask this is what they had to say.'it has always been this way, what can we fo about it. Father's words' what else can I do for you! I am not a greedy kid. I have never asked anything from them, not even finances, yet he keeps making me feel like I am too demanding. I cannot understand. This has happened several times and emotional imbalances is not rare in my life but it is taking too long to pass this time. I am scared to seek medical help on my own. I have no confidante around. All this is affecting me very much. I have lost focus. I do not look forward to anything. Please help.

2 Doctors Answered
Its a lot of emotional distress, I am happy you are reaching out. With chronic stress our natural ability to cope up begjns to detoriate. You should seek some professional help, and maybe the process could help you heal the relationships back home. Good luck.
1 person found this helpful
Hello. Often the first step is the hardest. With so much emotional turmoil going on your life, it would be good to find an outlet. Seeking out help from a trained mental health professional would be ideal. If you are unable to do so, reach out to a close friend. If there is dysfunction in the family, of course all the members would need some coaxing and help, but it is advisable that first you begin by working on your own self. Good luck.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.