Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Era Sharma Dutta
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Sweating
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Sleepiness Disorder
Treatment of Sleeping Problem
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment for Increasing Concentration
Sleeping Well Procedures
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Palpitations
Submit a review for Dr. Era Sharma DuttaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Era Sharma Dutta provides answers that are very helpful. Mam, i seriously want treatment plz help me plz give me some advice to which doctor i would consult in northeast area of indian.
Radha Mohan Kumar
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Era Sharma Dutta to be very helpful. Thank u vry much ma'am...i will definitely follow ur instructions.... .
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Era Sharma Dutta to be very helpful. Very Good Doctor, helped me a lot.
Mukhtar Ahammed Khan
Dr. Era Sharma Dutta provides answers that are caring. Yes. Mam
I was wondering if depression is real? Took some random online test. The result said I had symptoms of moderate/high depression. But I am not very sure of these test.
I am 27 year old female, and I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for 15 years. My questions are 1. Does online anxiety treatment work? 2. Can I treat my anxiety on my own? 3. Is online CBT effective for adults like me?
Lungs of a chain smoker is fill with tar like substance dark in colour as shown in any video clips. Is there a way to remove it from the lungs or clean it back to normal.
I am suffering from nervousness since some day BP 115/80 Pulse 64 Can I take Alpraquil 0.5 mg What will be dose.
Schizophrenia is a debilitating mental and emotional condition that is characterized by a heavily distorted thought process as well as hallucinations and even extreme fear that borders on paranoia. Let us find out more about this debilitating disease:
- Genetics: Genetic factors play an important role in the development of schizophrena.
- Environment: Possible environmental factors include obstetric complications, the mother's exposure to influenza during pregnancy or starvation. It has also been suggested that stress, trauma even migration can lead to the emergence of schizophrenia.
- Neurodevelopmental Factors: Schizophrenia appears to be a neurodevelopmental disorder. That is the changes that cause the illness have been occurring from the earliest stages of development even in utero, and may continue to influence the development of the brain over the first 25 years of life.
This disease has a variety of symptoms include cognitive and emotional ones that can vary in the degree and severity. One of the most common symptoms includes hallucinations and delusions where the patient may end up imagining things that do not really exist. The patient may also be gripped by sudden and crippling fear like paranoia, which can be debilitating as far as everyday functioning of the person goes. The symptoms can also interfere with the way a person deals with situations and life skills on a cognitive basis. Withdrawal and hopelessness are also a part of this disease.
Schizophrenic disorder spectrum recognizes a group of symptoms which can turn into full-fledged ailments. The various kinds of schizophrenia under this wide umbrella include catatonic, disorganized, paranoid, residual and undifferentiated. Paranoid schizophrenia is when a person has unreasonable fears and doubts regarding people and situations around him or her. Usually, doctors refer to this state as schizophrenia with paranoia.
Patients of disorganized schizophrenia may not have delusions and hallucinations, but may display instances of incoherent speech and thinking. Further, when a patient is suffering from catatonic schizophrenia, the main symptoms include a negative emotional stance. This patient will end up withdrawing as far as socialising and family go, and they may also turn mute. Residual schizophrenia refers to a state where the patient has lost all interest and motivation in life, yet does not suffer from delusions and hallucinations. Finally, schizophrenic disorder is characterized by all the major symptoms of this disorder along with a severe mood disorder.
The earliest signs and symptoms must be referred to a psychiatrist. The treatment involves the management of the case of an individual basis along with psychological rehabilitation programs and inclusion of the patient in self-help groups. Housing and employment programs must also be availed so as to keep the patient busy. Also, behavior therapy will be required in such cases. The mode of counselling should usually be on a one on one basis, although many doctors also suggest that group therapy can help in showing examples of progress so as to encourage the patient to change and get a new lease of life.
Modern day medicines have made it easy, to make individuals suffering from schizophrenia highly functional and carry normal lives out. Antipsychotics have evolved over the years to bring back the desirable quality of life for individuals suffering from this disease. Antipsychotic medicines are the mainstay of the treatment.
Notable personalities who have suffered from schizophrenia are:
- John Nash - Mathematician/Nobel Prize Winner
- Mary Todd Lincoln - Wife of Abraham Lincoln (past-President of the United States)
- Tom Harrell - Jazz Musician
- Meera Popkin - Broadway Star
Also, family therapy is considered a must for the near and dear ones of such patients to cope with it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!
I am got suffered depression due to exam tensions on 7 years ago now I have a small pain /continuous pain in chest then I went hospital for general treatment they referred me to psychiatry. Present I am using tablets pari cr for my issue .but I have a negative doubts and fears what can I realize .Please clarify.
Anger is among the gamut of emotions we exhibit as a reaction to a situation, and it is a 'normal' emotion too as long as it is kept under control. Some people have the propensity to explode when pushed to the extreme. They keep swallowing their emotions until they can finally do it no more, and erupt like a volcano. Others dealing with extreme anger are like a ticking time bomb. You'll never know what you unwittingly say or do can trigger an explosion. In either case, anger that cannot be controlled comes with a physical reaction.
Your heart beats faster preparing you for both action and reaction. Your breathing quickens. You may clench your fist, tighten your shoulders and go into a defensive position. The problem arises out of the fact that it is almost impossible to feel anger and empathy at the same time. An angry person is seldom sensitive to the well being of his victim, and hence may lash out verbally and sometimes physically. Such things done in the heat of the moment mostly leaves us with regrets. So here are a few ways to deal with extreme anger.
- Acknowledge it: The first step in solving a problem is recognizing that you have one. The fundamental problem here is that people believe they are on the right track and refuse to budge from their views. It is essential to realize that this step is not about deciding whether you are right or wrong, but acknowledging the fact that your reaction to the situation can be channeled in a better way. When getting someone to acknowledge their anger problem, be careful as to not use negative words like wrong, false and shouldn't. Instead, influence with positive words like can and should. Instead of saying 'You are wrong to react like this', you can say, 'I understand what you are feeling. Is there a way we can resolve this situation?'
- Recognize the signs: Once you know that your problems exist, you can try devising ways that will work for you in dealing with the situation. You can count to 10 to calm yourself or simply decide to not speak until you can calm yourself. Knowing that you may enter into an argument in a situation, you can list down the points that you feel strongly about and discuss each of them one by one. Working your way through a finite list gives a better opportunity to reach closure at the end.
- Find ways to let it go: Not all arguments end in closure. A lot of unsaid justifications cloud our mind repeatedly leaving us seething from the inside. Research has shown that the neurological anger response lasts less than two seconds. Beyond that it takes a strong will to stay angry. Once you realize how much your anger is consuming your mind, decide to free your mind with meditation and other calming exercises. Tell yourself that some people and issues simply don't deserve your anger, emotion, reaction or time.
In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!