Book Clinic Appointment with Dr. Era Sharma Dutta
Weight Loss Treatment
Treatment of Headaches
Treatment of Depression
Treatment of Sleeping Problems
Management of Smoking Addiction
Treatment of Migraine
Treatment of Sweating
Treatment & Management of Stress
Treatment of Underweight & Malabsorption Disorders
Treatment of Anxiety
Treatment of Alcohol Addiction Disorder
Treatment of Mood Disorder
Treatment of Sleepiness Disorder
Treatment of Sleeping Problem
Treatment of Fear
Treatment of Forgetfulness
Treatment for Increasing Concentration
Sleeping Well Procedures
Treatment of Vitamin Deficiency
Treatment of Palpitations
Submit a review for Dr. Era Sharma DuttaYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Era Sharma Dutta provides answers that are very helpful. Mam, i seriously want treatment plz help me plz give me some advice to which doctor i would consult in northeast area of indian.
Radha Mohan Kumar
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Era Sharma Dutta to be very helpful. Thank u vry much ma'am...i will definitely follow ur instructions.... .
I found the answers provided by the Dr. Era Sharma Dutta to be very helpful. Very Good Doctor, helped me a lot.
Dr. Era Sharma Dutta provides answers that are caring and inspiring. Thank you mam
Mukhtar Ahammed Khan
Dr. Era Sharma Dutta provides answers that are caring. Yes. Mam
Therapy is an ideal way of freeing your mind over a talk session with a therapist. Here are 10 reasons you should try therapy for a better health of mind.
- Therapy is for everybody: Therapy is not for crazy people with mental illness. It is good for anybody and everybody who wants to gain peace of mind.
- It is easier to talk to a stranger about some matters, than a friend: Only a stranger has the ability to recognize an irregularity in you, which your friends cannot. Therapists can dig into matters deeply and arrive at different conclusions.
- You get to learn more about yourself: During therapy, you talk about stuff and come to different realizations about things, which you never thought or cared about before, which allows you to discover a new side of yourself.
- You can get out of your comfort zone: Before going for therapy, you may feel awkward or strange to sit with a stranger and discuss personal matters. However, therapists are professionals and once you open up to them, you will be able to discuss everything with them comfortably.
- You feel supported: There are many issues in life, which seriously affect you, but no one pays heed to them. Your therapist listens and discusses everything you have in mind. Finally, you are heard.
- You develop better self-awareness: Therapy gives you a chance to stop for a moment and contemplate about certain areas of life, which you usually never cared about. What you never thought about might finally affect you, and you will try to improve on it.
- You feel better: You may have serious issues and might be feeling troubled. The therapist gives you suggestions and when you leave the clinic, you are bound to feel much lighter and calmer.
- You can focus on yourself: In the daily hustle bustle of life, you may be so occupied that you never get a chance to think about or focus on yourself. Weekly therapy gives you an hour, which is dedicated only to you to explore your feelings, thoughts and concerns about life.
- You may be pushing down yourself: Ignorance of serious issues causes a negative effect on your life and health, as well in the lives of your dear ones. Therapy allows you to bring all these ignored issues to light and after recognizing them properly, you can improve upon them.
- Smart, successful people believe in therapy: Therapy is for strong people who have the courage to approach a stranger with their personal issues. Majority of smart and successful people recognize the benefit of therapy and undergo the same for their own benefit.
Therapy is very effective and allows you to express yourself honestly and benefits you in many ways.
Paranoid personality disorder (PPD) is a mental disorder which makes you feel fearful, nervous and suspicious about people or situations around. This disease usually starts to show its signs from early adulthood and is more common in men than women. People suffering from this disorder are unable to maintain close and long lasting relationships with people as they have the habit of blaming and not trusting other people. The most common symptoms of this disorder are:
- Doubting the loyalty of others
- Fear of revealing their own personal information
- A tendency of holding long lasting grudges
- Inability to handle criticisms
- Abrupt instances of anger and instant reaction
- Showing traits of coldness in a relationship
- Having a feeling of always being right
- Having problems in relaxing
- Being stubborn, argumentative and hostile
Causes: The exact cause behind PDD is still unknown, but according to some medical researchers it happens due to a combination of biological and psychological conditions. Additionally, bad emotional experiences during childhood and having gone through a physical or mental trauma also leads to the development of the disease.
Diagnosis: This condition cannot be diagnosed at home and is usually diagnosed by a specialist. The first step taken by a doctor in order to diagnose the disorder is an examination of the medical and psychiatric history of the person. Additionally, if the health records of a person do not indicate anything, then the doctors usually go for some expert opinions by a psychiatrist.
Treatment: Most of the people suffering from this disease are not even aware about it, until someone brings it to their notice. Doctors usually believe that psychotherapy, which is a form of counseling, is the best way to treat PDD. Along with counseling, at times, antipsychotics may be needed in case to case basis.
Dear sir, my wife, Aging 35, has psychosis problem. Please let me know if this problem is curable and how much time is taken.
Maine klonaz md 0.5 aur rexipra 15 aur polybion czs, teen din se maine khayi nahi hai to koi problem to nahi hogi na ?
I was wondering if depression is real? Took some random online test. The result said I had symptoms of moderate/high depression. But I am not very sure of these test.
I am 27 year old female, and I have been suffering from anxiety and panic attacks for 15 years. My questions are 1. Does online anxiety treatment work? 2. Can I treat my anxiety on my own? 3. Is online CBT effective for adults like me?
Lungs of a chain smoker is fill with tar like substance dark in colour as shown in any video clips. Is there a way to remove it from the lungs or clean it back to normal.
I am suffering from nervousness since some day BP 115/80 Pulse 64 Can I take Alpraquil 0.5 mg What will be dose.
Schizophrenia is a debilitating mental and emotional condition that is characterized by a heavily distorted thought process as well as hallucinations and even extreme fear that borders on paranoia. Let us find out more about this debilitating disease:
- Genetics: Genetic factors play an important role in the development of schizophrena.
- Environment: Possible environmental factors include obstetric complications, the mother's exposure to influenza during pregnancy or starvation. It has also been suggested that stress, trauma even migration can lead to the emergence of schizophrenia.
- Neurodevelopmental Factors: Schizophrenia appears to be a neurodevelopmental disorder. That is the changes that cause the illness have been occurring from the earliest stages of development even in utero, and may continue to influence the development of the brain over the first 25 years of life.
This disease has a variety of symptoms include cognitive and emotional ones that can vary in the degree and severity. One of the most common symptoms includes hallucinations and delusions where the patient may end up imagining things that do not really exist. The patient may also be gripped by sudden and crippling fear like paranoia, which can be debilitating as far as everyday functioning of the person goes. The symptoms can also interfere with the way a person deals with situations and life skills on a cognitive basis. Withdrawal and hopelessness are also a part of this disease.
Schizophrenic disorder spectrum recognizes a group of symptoms which can turn into full-fledged ailments. The various kinds of schizophrenia under this wide umbrella include catatonic, disorganized, paranoid, residual and undifferentiated. Paranoid schizophrenia is when a person has unreasonable fears and doubts regarding people and situations around him or her. Usually, doctors refer to this state as schizophrenia with paranoia.
Patients of disorganized schizophrenia may not have delusions and hallucinations, but may display instances of incoherent speech and thinking. Further, when a patient is suffering from catatonic schizophrenia, the main symptoms include a negative emotional stance. This patient will end up withdrawing as far as socialising and family go, and they may also turn mute. Residual schizophrenia refers to a state where the patient has lost all interest and motivation in life, yet does not suffer from delusions and hallucinations. Finally, schizophrenic disorder is characterized by all the major symptoms of this disorder along with a severe mood disorder.
The earliest signs and symptoms must be referred to a psychiatrist. The treatment involves the management of the case of an individual basis along with psychological rehabilitation programs and inclusion of the patient in self-help groups. Housing and employment programs must also be availed so as to keep the patient busy. Also, behavior therapy will be required in such cases. The mode of counselling should usually be on a one on one basis, although many doctors also suggest that group therapy can help in showing examples of progress so as to encourage the patient to change and get a new lease of life.
Modern day medicines have made it easy, to make individuals suffering from schizophrenia highly functional and carry normal lives out. Antipsychotics have evolved over the years to bring back the desirable quality of life for individuals suffering from this disease. Antipsychotic medicines are the mainstay of the treatment.
Notable personalities who have suffered from schizophrenia are:
- John Nash - Mathematician/Nobel Prize Winner
- Mary Todd Lincoln - Wife of Abraham Lincoln (past-President of the United States)
- Tom Harrell - Jazz Musician
- Meera Popkin - Broadway Star
Also, family therapy is considered a must for the near and dear ones of such patients to cope with it. In case you have a concern or query you can always consult an expert & get answers to your questions!