Get help from best doctors, anonymously
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 65 years old have prostrate problem Dr. prescribed lifelong pill still advise alternative.

1 Doctor Answered
Please, get the following investigations- 1) Ultrasound of prostate including post void urine volume. 2) PSA 3) Urine exam. Treatment depends on your symptoms and these reports. Mild problem can be managed with medicines. If you are having very much increased frequency of urination, and specially at night, then the definite treatment is endoscopic surgery (TURP)
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.