Acne Removal Treatment
Fairness & De-Pigmentation
Anti Ageing Treatment
Laser Hair Reduction
Patient Review Highlights
I found the answers provided by the Kaya Skin Clinic to be very helpful, knowledgeable, practical, well-reasoned and professional. Very helpful answer may it help me
I found the answers provided by the Kaya Skin Clinic to be sensible. Share feedback in your own words...
I found the answers provided by the Kaya Skin Clinic to be knowledgeable. Thanks for advice.
I found the answers provided by the Kaya Skin Clinic to be very helpful. Thank u vry much
Kaya Skin Clinic provides answers that are knowledgeable and practical. i need more help
I found the answers provided by the Kaya Skin Clinic to be very helpful. Thnxx doctor...
I found the answers provided by the Kaya Skin Clinic to be very helpful. thank you.
I found the answers provided by the Kaya Skin Clinic to be very helpful. Thank you
I found the answers provided by the Kaya Skin Clinic to be very helpful. Thanq sir
I found the answers provided by the Kaya Skin Clinic to be well-reasoned. Thanks
I had a skin tag removed from my vagina about 3 weeks ago. Now it looks like my vagina has been butchered and you can see my insides. How long does it take for a vagina to reshape and go back to looking norm?
I am suffering from fungal infection around my genital and on thigh area. I have gone to doctor, I have taken medicines and used anti fungal creams, it worked but the infection is recurring. It happened at least 3 times now. It's been a couple months. Please suggest good treatment.
Unwanted hair is a major issue for many young people. Shaving or waxing the hair is tedious process, and can also be painful at times. Due to its many benefits, laser hair removal has become very popular amongst youngsters. In many cases, after three to eight sessions, permanent hair loss is observed. Recent years have seen an increase in the number of laser hair removal procedures performed.
What is the theory behind laser hair removal?
Laser technology is based on highly concentrated rays. These rays are concentrated on a specific part of your skin from where you wish to remove the hair. The highly concentrated light is directed to particular hair follicles in order to remove them. Although, permanent results or results that last a lifetime are never guaranteed, cases have been observed wherein after a few sessions, complete hair loss is observed Many types of laser removal procedures are available, among these, Neodymium YAG, diode, alexandrite, and intense pulsed light sources are well known.
In kaya, the doctor decides the area to be lased and gives the readings but the service is performed by trained beauty therapists.
Why should you choose laser hair removal?
Unwanted hair on your face, underarms, legs, arms or any other area can be easily removed using this procedure. Laser hair removal procedures offer you with a healthy and smooth skin free of unwanted hair. The laser used for hair removal target dark and bristly hairs without damaging the surrounding areas. Known for its speed, laser hair procedure has the ability to treat small areas in approximately one minute and less. These small areas include the upper lip region.
How long does it take?
Laser removal method is performed by skilled doctors. The doctors need to decide how many days and sittings will it take to get the procedure done depending upon the growth of hair in that specific area and also how much area of your skin is to be covered. Once the procedure is done, one may need to get it done in few years again depending upon the regrowth of hair on his/her body.
Rarely it may cause skin discolouration and mild burns if not done under the right guidance of the doctor.
Laser hair treatment is effective and comparatively more efficient on people who have light skin and dark hair. Generally, laser hair surgeries are done to remove unwanted hair on back, face, chest, neck, bikini area, shoulders, upper lip, chin etc. For successful results, one should get this procedure performed by a skilled doctor. If not done properly, it will leave marks/scars and damage your body.
Acne scars are not just embarrassing, but in some cases are painful as well. However, with these below mentioned derma treatments you can easily get rid of these scars.
- Derma rollers: Derma rollers are small rollers that contain dozens of needles 0.25 mm in diameter and up to 2 mm in length. They reach the papillary dermis of the skin (deeper than the lasers and peels). Derma roller rips the fibrous connections intergrown by scars and strongly stimulates the healing processes, that is, the collection of macrophage and growth factors. The results are visible six weeks after the treatment. They are especially suitable to people with darker complexion.
- Laser Treatment: A dermatologist is the best option if the acne scars don’t reduce or fade away with time. Collagen is one of the building blocks of your skin and is an essential protein. Fractionated laser is a new technology that can smooth the surface of your skin and promote new collagen formation. Laser treatment can obliterate the scar and help smooth skin to form in its place instead. Filler injections help fill any indentation resulting from deeper acne scars. The only drawback to this is that fillers need to be re done after every 6 months or so as it gets reabsorbed over time into the skin.
- Time heals all wounds: Patience is very important when you want to see scars fade away. Newly formed blood vessels, few weeks after the scar is formed, nourish the skin. Most scars in their early stages look pink for this reason. Collagen starts forming months later and fills in the injuries on the skin. Fat cells and skin are destroyed in cystic acne; so for the scars to vanish completely, it might take a year or more.
- Prevention Tips: The best preventive method for scar formation is not to squeeze pimple. Popping a pimple leads to deeper infiltration of bacteria and pus. This damages the collagen further. A common skin care myth is that Vitamin E helps scars in healing faster. Contrary to prior belief, direct application of Vitamin E on a scar might hinder the healing process instead of facilitating it.
- Use a sunscreen: Use a sunscreen with a high SPF over 30. The middle of the day is the worst time to step out in the sun. Reapply the sunscreen every two hours, if you sweat profusely.
Hey doctors due to starting summer sun light my skin is becoming darkness and I becoming black who want to like that so what can I use to get my natural skin color back help me.
Hello. I have skin allergy on my private area. It itches a lot some times. I used some creams like itch guard, ring guard. But it works for only some times. I need a permanent solution for it. Please help me. Thank you.
Hi this sagar, my face was very oily and having black Hades and acne /pimples too, please give me suggestions to fix the problem.
Dull skin may occur due to multiple reasons such as lifestyle factors and other environmental factors. It makes you look tired and older; this is due to the presence of dead cells on the skin which does not allow the light to reflect properly off your skin. Facials are very helpful in getting rid of dull skin by improving your complexion and circulation. It cleans the pores, removes dead cells, making you look your age, or even younger.
Here are some facial treatments for various skin types:
- If oily skin is your woe: If you have oily skin, you can exfoliate your skin using an exfoliating jelly that contains vanilla and alginate (also known as alginic acid) that removes impurities, blackheads and whiteheads from your skin. You can also use a face mask that consists of clay and align (chemical extracted from brown seaweed) that helps in preserving the skin moisture and tightening the pores on your skin. The procedures help in getting rid of impurities and have a soothing effect on the skin as well.
- Fight dry skin: Dry skin problems, such as wrinkles necessitate a hydrate and restore facial. This begins with an exfoliation to remove the dead cells from the topmost layer (epidermis) of the skin. Once the facial is complete, a massage cream is applied that helps in regenerating new skin cells. A vitamin C serum is then applied to make your skin supple and moisturized.
- For combination skin: If you are a person who has the worst of both worlds; dry and oily, then you should opt for a procedure that treats both at one go. A balancing facial that exfoliates the skin using ‘micro-dermabrasion’ (a procedure that involves spraying crystals with exfoliative properties on the face in order to eliminate dead cells of the epidermis) and using a serum to add nourishment to your skin can prove to be very effective. This procedure results in a healthy and radiant complexion.
- Skin that has been affected by the sun: For skin that has been affected by the sun, you can opt for a de-tan facial that will remove the dullness of your skin. Micro dermabrasion is used to exfoliate the skin and then a de-tan process is done. Aloe Vera is used to soothe and moisturize the skin followed by application of a Vitamin C serum. A face mask with applied to lighten the complexion of the skin. This is also applicable for skin that has been affected by pollution. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Nail fungus is a fungal infection that develops under the tip of the toenail or the fingernail. It has a whitish or yellowish appearance and as the condition progresses, it causes the affected area of the nail to thicken, discolor and crumble at the edges. Usually this condition does not require any treatment, but if it turns severe, then you may require treatment to limit it from spreading.
The symptoms of this disorder are:
1. The affected nail thickens
2. There can be distortion in the shape of the nail
3. The nail can become crumbly and ragged
4. Discolored nails that lose its natural shine
5. Accumulation of debris on the nail
The infected nail may also be separated from the nail bed, causing pain and a foul odor.
The condition is usually caused by the dermatophyte fungus. In some cases, molds and yeasts can also cause fungal infections. Fungi are microscopic organisms that have certain characteristics such as:
1. They can cause complications if your nails are often exposed to moist and warm conditions
2. They usually thrive in moist and warm conditions such as showers and swimming pools
3. These fungi get into the skin through small cuts on your skin
The fungus usually affects toenails because, when you wear shoes, a warm and moist environment is created which is the perfect breeding spot for the fungus. The factors that can increase your chances of getting affected by this fungal infection are
1. Heavy perspiration
2. Athlete’s foot (a condition which is characterized by rashes between the toenails)
3. Older people are affected more as blood circulation is reduced
4. Wearing socks for extended periods of time creates warm and a humid condition for the fungi to grow
5. Certain medical conditions such as diabetes
There are certain medications that are used to treat fungal infections:
- Oral anti fungal drugs: These medications help in getting rid of fungal infections.
- Nail creams: There are certain anti fungal nail creams available that you can apply on your nails to get rid of this condition.
Is the leprosy are a viral disease? What ate the common symptoms of it & what precautions it must be taken to avoid that?
Whiteheads and blackheads are a type of mild acne. These occur when dead skin cells accumulate on your skin pores. They are also known as ‘comedones’. Blackheads appear like black spots on your face and are often mistaken for dirt. Whiteheads are more stubborn than blackheads and they might be accompanied by tiny spots called papules or pustules.
Since both blackheads and whiteheads are a milder type of acne, they should be promptly treated before the bacteria in the acne proliferate. The skin can worsen and cause post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation, or acne marks. This can cause serious discoloration of the skin.
- A treatment comprised of advanced peels is usually recommended. The treatment also covers what diet you should follow and gives detailed instructions to further prevent acne. One of the peels involved in the treatment is a natural acetic acid peel, which treats whiteheads and blackheads. The peel has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties. It also contains potassium iodide and ‘jasmonic’ acid which ensures skin regeneration and exfoliation.
- The other kind of treatment involves a thorough therapy comprising of the following stages:
- Cleansing: Skin inflammations are reduced with a blend of antioxidant teas.
- Massaging: Before the blackheads extraction can be started, your skin will be massaged to prepare for the procedure.
- Mask: A mask will be applied next on your face, and then the extraction process will begin.
- Toning: Either a tea blend or salicylic acid will be used to unclog pores and control extra oil.
- Mud Mask: A mud mask made from sea minerals and ‘ichthammol’ is applied to absorb oil and prevent breakouts in the future.
- Calming Mask: This type of mask contains both tea blends and buttermilk. It soothes and calms the skin.
- Hydration: Microalgae control extra oil, while reducing flakiness and dryness, thus hydrating your skin. It also contains zinc oxide, which reduces redness and mattes the skin.
Additionally, experts will provide you skincare products that you can use at home after the clinical treatment is over. This ensures future breakouts don’t occur and you skin remains beautiful and clear.
If you always fret and worry about your limp hair that always seem dull and rough, then you should take immediate steps to rectify the problem. If the cause is not addressed, it will eventually lead to hair fall. Limp hair can be caused by a number of factors such as increased stress levels, pollution and nutritional deficiency. Usually it is important to diagnose the cause before focusing on the treatment. Given below are some treatments that can be very effective in enlivening your hair:
- Use a beer rinse: Beer is a fermented product that is rich in vitamin B which provides nourishment to your hair follicles. It also helps in keeping your scalp clean while adding shine to your hair. Use beer as the final rinse after washing your hair to add volume to your hair.
- Yoghurt: Excessive shampooing of the hair is likely to lead to a build-up of chemicals, which will prevent the hair follicles from being properly nourished. Yoghurt helps in getting rid of these harmful chemicals from your hair, thus moisturizing the scalp.
- Coconut oil: Coconut oil is known for its healing properties for the hair. It moisturizes and softens the hair strands, also increasing the capacity to retain moisture. The fats present in coconut oil help in revitalizing damaged hair.
- Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar can be used as a conditioner after you finish washing your hair. It helps in getting rid of dandruff and closes the hair cuticle to prevent moisture loss. It also helps in preventing accumulation of chemicals and residues in your hair and on your scalp.
- Banana: Bananas are rich in carbohydrates, protein and vitamins that provide nourishment to the hair. It strengthens the hair, thus preventing breakage and split ends. It adds shine and volume to your hair, getting rid of dull hair in the process.
- Eggs: Eggs are an age old remedy that is used to treat dull and limp hair. Break an egg and whisk the contents for some time, apply it on your hair and leave it to dry. Wash it off after 20-25 minutes and repeat the same twice every week. Eggs contain proteins that strengthen and add volume to the hair.
Due to dry weather my palm has totally dried up and small cracks have developed due to which it burns a lot. Please send the remedy for this.
Moles are a common form of growth or formation on your skin that appear often in the form of small, black spots. They can develop anywhere on the body. They usually occur during adolescence or childhood and with the passage of time, they may change colour. Moles are a type of skin growth, which usually do not go away with time.
On the other hand, freckles are often described as round, flat, dark colour spots which vary in size from about 2mm to 4mm. They may result from pigment precipitation in one particular area as the skin that surrounds the dark spot is comparatively lighter in shade. Being sensitive to the sun’s ultra violet rays, freckles become more noticeable during or after sunlight exposure. Although freckles are usually found in areas which are not covered from the sun’s exposure, they could also occur anywhere on your body.
What causes them?
Moles are caused due to certain skin cells, known as melanocytes, grow in a very close group instead of being evenly and normally spread across the skin. Moles that occur during birth are called congenital nevi and their chances of occurring are around 1 in a 100. These moles are more prone to develop into skin cancer (melanoma) in later stages of life.
Freckles on the other hand are
- Genetically transferred, so the chance of you becoming affected are higher, if any of your parents have it.
- If there’s a prolonged exposure to the sunrays, then freckles may appear on your skin and they become even more prominent on a fair skin. Since the presence of melanin is less in people with fair skin the sunlight exposure causes these dark spots to surface easily
- Hormonal imbalances could be yet another reason for freckles to appear as estrogen could be over-stimulate cells that produce pigment and thus become more prominent in the presence of sunlight.
- Rare disorders like Xeroderma Pigmentosum (a condition leading to extreme light sensitivity and also skin cancer in certain cases) can make your skin more sensitive to the UV rays, thus resulting in freckles.
Treatment of moles and freckles
- Laser Treatment: There are different types of lasers which are absolutely safe and can help reduce or lighten these dark spots effectively.
- Cryosurgery: The physician would use a light freeze in conjunction with liquid nitrogen to reduce the spots of freckles. However, not every spot responds to this kind of treatment.
- Retinoids: Mostly used with a combination of other bleaching creams, retinoids help reduce freckles when used continuously for a couple of months.
Razor bumps are also known as ingrown hairs, they are small bumps on your skin. These usually happen when some small strands of hair curl back after you shave and grow on your skin. Razor bumps can cause pimples and irritation along with scarring.
Treatment of razor Bumps:
You have to stop shaving in order to treat razor bumps. If the option to stop shaving is not feasible then you have to use a clean needle for removing the hair shaft when you come across the formations of bumps on your face. This may stop the growth of razor bumps. But you should keep in mind that razor bumps return after you start shaving. Severe razor bumps can be treated only with the help of creams like tretinoin and antibiotics.
Razor Bumps from other hair removal methods:
Razor bumps can occur from other hair removal methods like waxing and plucking. But you can get rid of razor bumps if you decide to remove hair permanently with the help of laser treatment and electrolysis. Some hair removal products like depilatories can cause irritations on your skin if not razor bumps.
Prevention of Razor Bumps:
Some of the tips to prevent razor bumps are given below:
- Using a thicker shaving gel when you shave.
- Try to use an electric razor if you are able to adjust to the settings.
- Use a good quality moisturizing cream after you shave.
- Avoid stretching your skin when you shave and use the razor in the direction of the growing hair along with fewer strokes of razor.
- You should soften your hair with water and mild soap before you shave.
- Try to use a single blade razor with good quality pre shaving oil and after shave lotion to reduce razor bumps to improve your shaving experience.
- Aloe Vera is a traditional home remedy for razor bumps which you should try.
Risks of razor bumps:
You are at a risk of razor bumps if you have spiral or tightly curled strands of hair. In any other circumstances anybody can get razor bumps which can be taken care of with proper techniques.
Hives, also known as ‘urticuria’ is a skin disorder that is characterized by formation of white or red welts on the surface of the skin. The sizes of the welts may vary and can last for up to six weeks or more. The disease is not life threatening but the general discomfort associated with it can interfere with your daily activities. The symptoms of hives are treated by taking anti-histamines and anti-itching medications.
Let’s take a look at the symptoms:
1. Development of red or white welts, especially on torso, arms and the face
2. The welts may cause severe itching
3. Painful swelling on various parts of the body such as cheeks, lips and the insides of the throat
4. You may experience tightness in the chest and feel dizzy
What might be the causes?
Hives occur when certain cells are triggered into releasing histamine (an organic nitrogenous compound). The various factors that trigger this condition are:
1. Insects bites or parasite bites
2. Continuous scratching at the same spot
3. Various pain medications
4. Prolonged exposure to sunlight
5. High levels of stress
6. Excessive consumption of alcohol
This disease can lead to severe complications which have been listed below:
1. Severe allergic reaction: Anaphylaxis is an allergic reaction that causes the bronchial tubes to narrow down thus, obstructing normal breathing. It is a condition that may, in certain cases, lead to death as well. Hence, you need prompt medical attention if you suffer from this complication.
2. Breathing complications: Swelling on the inner parts of the throat may obstruct normal breathing and cause you to pass out. It can also increase the risk of certain immune disorders such as rheumatoid arthritis and celiac disease (a disorder caused by eating gluten rich foods in excess).
The treatment for this disorder includes taking anti-histamine medications that help in blocking histamine (organic compounds which help to regulate physiological functioning) in the body. You may also be administered anti-inflammation medications to reduce inflammation. Wear loose clothing and stop scratching away at the affected regions of the body to make sure you do not aggravate the condition.