Rotator Cuff Injury Treatment
Scar Revision Surgery
Deep Vein Thrombosis - Dvt
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Difficulty Of Learning
Diabetes In Children Treatment
Diabetic Diet Counseling
Piles Treatment (Non Surgical)
Patient Review Highlights
- "Professional" 1 review
- "Prompt" 1 review
- "Very helpful" 2 reviews
- "Professional" 1 review
- "Prompt" 1 review
- "Very helpful" 2 reviews
For many of us who have crossed the twenties, dull skin is one the biggest problems. However, bringing out the natural glow of your skin is not that difficult a task, if you can cut out the junk food, work out every day, keep your skincare regular. Here are a few tips that can give your skin that natural glow.
- Exfoliation: Skin cells renew themselves after every 27 days and without regular skin exfoliation, a dead skin cell layer stays on the skin surface giving it a dull and lifeless appearance. With the process of exfoliation, new skill cell development is encouraged to give a more even and radiant complexion.
- Detoxification: In case your body gets overloaded with toxins, they will have effects on your skin. You should carry out detoxification by cutting the intake of sugar and alcohol for some days.
- Nourishing the skin from the inside: The skin should be nourished properly with enough vitamins and minerals to get a radiant complexion. Vitamin C is an efficient antioxidant and helps in repairing the skin from inside, keeping it healthy. As a result, you get more supple and radiant skin. Iron is also essential for the proper functioning of the antioxidants.
- Nourishing the skin from the outside: You should apply essential minerals and vitamins to the skin surface. They get absorbed by the skin cells resulting in a glowing and rejuvenated complexion.
- Hydration: You must drink loads of water to enable proper flush out of toxins and eliminate them from your system. The skin cells are also pumped, making the skin look fuller and radiant. You should drink at least two litres of water regularly.
- Sufficient sleep: The body requires seven to nine hours of regular sleep, to get properly rejuvenated and also for repairing itself. Improper or disturbed sleep will take a toll on your body and the skin will be affected by losing its radiance and lustre.
- Antioxidants: Natural antioxidants help in fighting free radicals and enable you to have smooth, beautiful and radiant skin. You should consume food items, which contain natural antioxidants such as vitamin C and vitamin E. This way damaged skin is repaired and rejuvenated, giving it a brighter appearance and a more even skin tone.
- Protection: It is important to protect your skin from the harmful rays of the sun. You should avoid going out during extremely hot days. Sometimes, the sun’s rays can affect you even when you do not go directly under it. You should wear brimmed hats, sunglasses and apply sunscreen on hot, humid days.
- Exercise: Apart from maintaining physical shape, exercise encourages an increased heart rate and makes your lungs workout. The leads to better oxidation in the skin and new skin cells are produced. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a doctor and ask a free question.
Some homemade remedies:
Baking soda mixture: Baking soda not only helps to reduce pores, it also helps in fighting acne. This can be used every night for the first week and 3-4 times a week thereafter.
A mixture of lemon and pineapple juice: A cloth drenched in lemon and pineapple juice when applied on enlarged pores, can help them shrink over a period of time. Ensure that you rinse your face with water after a minute.
Wash you face: Washing your face twice a day is necessary as i stop pores from getting enlarged. Bacteria, oil and dirt enlarge the pores a great deal. Washing the face at least twice a day will reduce the pores.
Ice-cube treatment: Ice cubes can be applied on the face daily for 5-20 seconds. They not only reduce pores, but tighten the skin as well.
Yogurt mask: Since yogurt contains probiotics and lactic acid, it is a great weapon for fighting acne and enlarged pores. The yogurt mask shouldn t be used more than once a week though.
Healthy diet: Eating fresh fruits and vegetables is a prerequisite for getting rid of enlarged pores. It is also necessary to consume lots of vitamin A, B and C on a daily basis. Consuming a lot of water and staying away from caffeine also goes a long way in fighting pores.
Sandalwood powder mix: Sandalwood paste made with water is a great remedy for enlarged pores. The paste should be applied and kept that way for 10-20 minutes before rinsing it off with cold water.
Papaya and banana peels: Papaya and banana contain papain and bromelain enzymes respectively. Rubbing their peels on the face can greatly help in getting rid of pores and blemishes.
Visit a dermatologist
Most dermatologists prescribe topical medicines, which have to be applied on skin or pills for consumption. Depending on the level of pore enlargement, a doctor decides the medicines. Mild antibiotics are often prescribed for patients with enlarged pores blemishes.
Dermabrasion: This is a method where a doctor scrapes the upper layer of the epidermis with a wire brush to get rid of pores and blemishes. This procedure comes handy if the face is affected by scars.
Dermaplaning: This method is similar to dermabrasion. The only difference being that in the case of dermaplaning, instead of the whole upper layer, only the affected part of the skin is removed.
A cortisone injection: This is considered to be the last resort for pores and blemishes. The swelling from the blemish immediately reduces as soon as the injection is pushed.
Also known as skin resurfacing, fractional resurfacing, and laser peel, laser skin resurfacing works by removing the damaged outer layers of the skin. The production of collagen and new skin cells is also stimulated. Undertaking this procedure can make the skin look smooth and young.
During the procedure, a laser is utilized, which dissolves the molecular bonding of the damaged cells. This is continued, layer by layer, until the appearance of the skin gets smoother and more even and the damaged skin layers are peeled off.Laser skin resurfacing can be performed to different depths, according to your desired requirement. Different devices are used for laser skin resurfacing and thus, the procedure can be divided into several types. The procedure type depends on the type of laser used.
The different types of lasers used are:
CO2 lasers: This procedure is the highest intensity laser skin resurfacing treatment. After using CO2 lasers, the skin surface becomes tighter and much smoother. The laser restricts collagen bonds. CO2 lasers help in diminishing or eliminating scars, wrinkles, warts and birthmarks. CO2 lasers are also used in the basic stages of cancer treatment.
Erbium lasers: Erbium lasers are capable of removing the thin layers of the skin. It is not so powerful as CO2 lasers, but the process is much more precise. This laser skin resurfacing is usually carried out in people with a dark complexion as the risk of permanent changes to skin pigmentation is less. The healing period is short. These lasers are used for treating minimal wrinkles or lines.
Fraxel lasers: Fraxel laser skin resurfacing procedure is different from the other two laser treatment methods. This procedure is non-invasive and much fewer side effects are experienced. A patient has to undergo several sessions on this therapy for full rejuvenation of the skin.
When to consider this process?
If you have wrinkles in your face, especially around the mouth and eyes, and sagging skin in the lower eyelid area.
If your face has blotchiness and age spots.
If you have irregular colour tones on your face
If you have scars and leathery skin
What is achieved?
A laser skin resurfacing enhances your skin s smoothness and tightness. All kinds of facial lines, wrinkles and scars can be removed. The overall texture of the skin also improves, which is relatively long-lasting. Skin growths like moles and warts can also be removed using this procedure. Any kind of scar resulting due to a previous surgery can also be eliminated permanently.There are different modes of this type of skin resurfacing, and you can avail the best one that fits your requirement.
Types of skin cancer
Skin cancers are primarily categorized into one of three types:
1. Basal cell carcinoma
3. Squamous cell carcinoma
Although the types of cancer are different, they have similar symptoms that you can look out for. Analyzing your skin spots or lesions for tell tale signs can tell you whether it needs to be checked out by a doctor or not. Let's look at some of them:
A. The shades or colors of the patch: cancerous skin cells will have various colors on them and may be pink or white in certain areas while being brown or black in other areas.
B. The spot or lesion will always be changing: if the spot or growth on your skin is cancerous it will constantly change size shape or form as well as color.
C. Almost always asymmetrical shape: cancerous growth on your skin will tend to be irregular in shape and one side of it will not be similar to the other.
D. The shape or borders of the spot: if the lesion or spot on your skin is jagged, quite irregular in shape or the sides are blurred then this may be a sign of a cancerous growth.
E. Tenderness of the spots or the lesions: these spots can be painful, tender, itchy and also have redness in the area surrounding it. It could even be oozing or bleeding although this depends from patient to patient.
F. Horn like growths: certain form of skin spots or lesions will grow into small horn like growth on the skin and feel like nails. This is due to the excess presence of keratin which is found in nails and may be an indicator for skin cancer.
G. Moles that change shape, size or color: if you have developed a mole and it keeps changing its color, size and edges it could be clear sign of melanoma. In such cases it is best to get it checked by your doctor.
Skin cancers are easily treatable if diagnosed early and have a high chance of being cured, but it is also important for you to self diagnose any spots or areas of concern so that you can take appropriate action in time.