Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Submit a review for Skin Hair & Nail ClinicYour feedback matters!
Patient Review Highlights
She is a wonderful Dermatologist with a god grip on her subject. With her help I was able to stop my hair-fall & get back my hairs. She is definitely one of the most knowledgeable & intelligent doctor I have ever met. I recommend you all to consult her incase you are looking for a serious treatment & for relief from your sufferings
Excellent and very knowledgeable Dr. I m undergoing treatment for Hyperpigmentation and very satisfied.
Dr. Rashmi Sharma provides answers that are very helpful. very helpful
Ageing is one thing that most of us fear. The image that looks back at us from the mirror is different from what we used to stare at and admire. Gradually, there are dark circles around the eyes, wrinkles in the corner of the eyes, lines on the forehead when we look up, sagging mouth and nasolabial folds, etc. The skin is made up of connective tissue in the underlying layers, and this is mainly made up of protein. Once this layer becomes loose and sags, the skin beings to appear aged. This is not just a cosmetic concern, but a major emotional concern, and can lead to major stress and depression.
While there are major surgical procedures to correct the above noted defects, they come with a huge cost and not affordable by all. There are, however, various easily available products which can do wonders when used regularly. They do two things, delay the onset of ageing effects and in some cases, even reverse the damage that has already set in.
Following are some of the most effective natural remedies to keep the skin glowing and youthful, without any surgical intervention.
- Egg whites: Rich in proteins, it is extremely beneficial for the skin. It reduces wrinkles and fine lines, opens up skin pores, and cleanses the skin thoroughly. It also contributes to repair of skin. With the rich water content, it also keeps the skin moist and hydrated. It also reduces damage caused by free radicals and oxidation. Regularly applying egg whites on the skin is advised by most skin care specialists.
- Almonds: There are various ingredients in almond which give it a big thumbs-up for inclusion in skin care products. Whether the skin care products are for babies or for ageing adults, almond is a definite ingredient. It has vitamin E and A, iron, zinc, folic acid, oleic acid, etc. It also is popular for its antioxidant properties, which helps reduce ageing by preventing degeneration of the underlying collagen fibres. This delays the onset of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Honey: This wonder substance has multiple benefits and the skin benefits are just one set. It contributes to overall skin health by exfoliating, nourishing, and firming up the skin. It also promotes regeneration. The potassium and vitamin B in honey also are good for the optimal health of the underlying connective tissue layers.
- Olive oil: This is again a wonderful source of vitamins, minerals, and fatty acids. It nourishes the skin, hydrates it, and restores firmness by promoting the growth of the connective tissue layer.
As amazing as they sound, they are simple too. Just walk to your kitchen and find these wonderful products to keep your skin away from ageing.
Toenail fungus is a medical condition that begins as a yellow or white coloured spot under the tip of your toenail but goes on to discolour, thicken and crumble your toenail as the infection grows. If left untreated, the condition can go on from being mild to severely painful. Here are some sure-shot ways that can help you to get rid of your toenail fungus:
- Oral anti-fungal medications: Such drugs not only replace the infected part in the old nails but also help new nails to grow free from infection. The treatment may be time-consuming but it is definitely reliable. Oral anti-fungal drugs when combined with topical anti-fungal therapies serve to solve your ailment in the best possible manner.
- Medicated nail polish: Anti-fungal nail polish is another non-surgical medical treatment for toenail fungus. It can be applied and re-applied on the infected nail at regular intervals.
- Medicated nail cream: Topical anti-fungal creams prescribed by the doctor can be used to get rid of toenail fungus. It works best on thin nails.
Surgical Nail Removal Treatment:
Severe and painful toenail fungus can be best treated by removing the infected nail altogether. A new nail naturally and gradually grows in its place. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.
I am male .23 years. Dear sir or madam my face is very doulness .not glowing using any face cream which cream using madam in medical stores pls suggestions me madam.
Hello Dr. I am 26 year old. Wrinkles are seen on my face. That's why I always feeling shy .pls tell me some advice how to remove with home remedies.
I have hair fall problem and also tried various shampoos and hair oil but did not see any effect. So, may I get some of the tips for this problem of hair fall.
As winters are approaching one has started experiencing dryness and itching due to this. It also causes deterioration of skin ailments like psoriasis, atopy, pmle etc. Simple thumb rule is keep moisturising your skin.
Always wear a good medicated sunscreen preferably gel based for oily skin type and cream based for a dry skin type. Take good care of skin. Keep yourself well hydrated even if you don't feel thirsty. Also eat right.
Say no to junk food or have them rarely.
Take good seasonal citrus fruits.
Take antioxidants and multivitamins. These simple care will definitely benefit you.
Hairloss receding hairline I have dandruff problem? Is dandruff causes my hairloss receding hairline? How to treatment it?
Hello mam I am jaspreet and I want to ask a question dat my skin is uneven sometimes and I have acne and acne scars on my face. So please suggest me what should I use.
Sir. I generally having hair fall from last 8 months. When I put comb on my head then it takes place very rapidly. I am really worried about it. Please tell me something.
Are you observing uneven pigmentation on your skin? In this condition, the color of your skin may get different in different places and it affects people of all skin colors, types and backgrounds. Skin pigmentation may arise from several factors such as exposure to sunlight, skin damage, inflammation and certain genetic conditions. It is mostly caused due to an overproduction or underproduction of melanin.
Here are the different types of skin pigmentation
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of concentrated melanin. These tend to darken with exposure to more sunlight. Freckles are more common in people with a fair complexion.
- Age spots or liver spots: These are also called solar lentigos. This is a type of skin pigmentation, which is mostly associated with aging and prolonged exposure to UV light. This condition is more common in people beyond the age of 40 as the skin starts losing its ability of repairing sun damage.
- Birthmarks: These are unusual blemishes on the skin, which are found during birth. They also develop some weeks after birth. Pigmented birthmarks and vascular birthmarks are the two primary types of this pigmentation.
- Melasma: Melasma occurs in both men and women. It is more common in women, especially among pregnant women who use contraceptive pills and women receiving hormone replacement therapy. The condition occurs due to over activation of melanocytes by estrogen and progesterone. When the skin gets exposed to sunlight, it leads to an increase in melanin production.
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation
This condition arises due to an increased production of melanin because of inflammatory responses. The inflammation occurs during a trauma in the skin layers. It may occur due to various reasons such as acne, skin injury, infections, dermatitis, medications, allergic reactions and some medicines.
Treatment for skin pigmentation
For treating skin pigmentation which occurs because of melanin overproduction, it is recommended for you to get less exposed to sunlight, especially in the affected area. This will prevent the condition from worsening. You should always apply an SP 30+ sunscreen while going out in the sun and cover the affected area from sunlight. The treatment of skin pigmentation depends on several factors, such as the type and cause of pigmentation and the layer of skin where it occurs. There are several modes of treatment, which include pigmentation removal, skin peels, skin needling and many more. These are quite effective in the treatment of different skin pigmentation types.
It is recommended that you consult a skin specialist in case you experience any symptoms of skin pigmentation. This will enable you to have a quick diagnosis and after knowing about the type you are affected with, treatment steps can be started.