Corn Removal Procedure
Mole Removal Surgery
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Polishing Treatment
Deep Pigmentation Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Cutaneous Fillers Treatment
Small Dermatologic Surgery
Earlobe Repair Procedure
Line And Wrinkle Smoothing Procedures
Patient Review Highlights
Dr. Rashmi Sharma provides answers that are very helpful. very helpful
She is a wonderful Dermatologist with a god grip on her subject. With her help I was able to stop my hair-fall & get back my hairs. She is definitely one of the most knowledgeable & intelligent doctor I have ever met. I recommend you all to consult her incase you are looking for a serious treatment & for relief from your sufferings
Excellent and very knowledgeable Dr. I m undergoing treatment for Hyperpigmentation and very satisfied.
Are you growing hair in unusual places where you do not want them to be such as on the neck, chest, chin and back? Hirsutism is a medical term, which refers to excess body hair and facial hair in women. It occurs because of an increased production of androgens or male hormones. The increased sensitivity of the androgen receptors in the skin follicles also causes hirsutism.
Hirsutism is diagnosed using two methods:
- The Ferriman Gallwey model involves the visual inspection for detecting the presence of excess hair. The amount of hair growth in nine areas of your body is quantified in this model. However, this is not an ideal method as many women shave or pluck their hair.
- Blood test for excess androgens is another method for diagnosis of hirsutism. The different tests include free testosterone, total testosterone and DHEAS or dehydropiandosterone sulphate. Women with PCOS are likely to have increased levels of free testosterone in their body because of the absence of enough sex hormone binding globulin.
Removing excess hair
There are several ways by which you can get rid of excess body and facial hair. They are as follows:
- Plucking is a way of hiding hair during early stages. It is an easy fix. However, plucking from the follicle may lead to the distortion of the follicle, which may cause hair to thicken and turn darker.
- Depilatories is another way of removing excess hair due to hirsutism. Depilatories remove excess hair by the use of a chemical which dissolves the hair.
- Waxing is also effective for removing excessive hair. In waxing, warm wax is spread over the affected areas; a strip of cloth is placed over it, and rubbed on the wax. After holding the skin tight, the cloth is pulled off.
- Several medicines are used for dealing with hirsutism in women such as oral contraceptives, which help in removing the amount of androgens in the body. The androgen production may decrease as a result of oral contraceptives. The amount of circulating concentration of androstenediones and total testosterone are also reduced. Anti androgen medicines are also prescribed in some cases.
- Electrolysis is opted as a measure of managing excessive hair. In the process, a needle gets inserted along the hair shaft. After this, an electric pulse is sent to the root. This makes the hair release from the follicles and they are pulled out.
Laser hair removal is the final option for hirsutism treatment. In this method, light from the laser eliminates several hairs in the affected area. The pigment present in the hair absorbs the energy from the laser and gets destroyed.
I am male .23 years. Dear sir or madam my face is very doulness .not glowing using any face cream which cream using madam in medical stores pls suggestions me madam.
Hello Dr. I am 26 year old. Wrinkles are seen on my face. That's why I always feeling shy .pls tell me some advice how to remove with home remedies.
I have hair fall problem and also tried various shampoos and hair oil but did not see any effect. So, may I get some of the tips for this problem of hair fall.
As winters are approaching one has started experiencing dryness and itching due to this. It also causes deterioration of skin ailments like psoriasis, atopy, pmle etc. Simple thumb rule is keep moisturising your skin.
Always wear a good medicated sunscreen preferably gel based for oily skin type and cream based for a dry skin type. Take good care of skin. Keep yourself well hydrated even if you don't feel thirsty. Also eat right.
Say no to junk food or have them rarely.
Take good seasonal citrus fruits.
Take antioxidants and multivitamins. These simple care will definitely benefit you.
Hairloss receding hairline I have dandruff problem? Is dandruff causes my hairloss receding hairline? How to treatment it?
Hello mam I am jaspreet and I want to ask a question dat my skin is uneven sometimes and I have acne and acne scars on my face. So please suggest me what should I use.
Sir. I generally having hair fall from last 8 months. When I put comb on my head then it takes place very rapidly. I am really worried about it. Please tell me something.
Are you observing uneven pigmentation on your skin? In this condition, the color of your skin may get different in different places and it affects people of all skin colors, types and backgrounds. Skin pigmentation may arise from several factors such as exposure to sunlight, skin damage, inflammation and certain genetic conditions. It is mostly caused due to an overproduction or underproduction of melanin.
Here are the different types of skin pigmentation
- Freckles: These are caused by clusters of concentrated melanin. These tend to darken with exposure to more sunlight. Freckles are more common in people with a fair complexion.
- Age spots or liver spots: These are also called solar lentigos. This is a type of skin pigmentation, which is mostly associated with aging and prolonged exposure to UV light. This condition is more common in people beyond the age of 40 as the skin starts losing its ability of repairing sun damage.
- Birthmarks: These are unusual blemishes on the skin, which are found during birth. They also develop some weeks after birth. Pigmented birthmarks and vascular birthmarks are the two primary types of this pigmentation.
- Melasma: Melasma occurs in both men and women. It is more common in women, especially among pregnant women who use contraceptive pills and women receiving hormone replacement therapy. The condition occurs due to over activation of melanocytes by estrogen and progesterone. When the skin gets exposed to sunlight, it leads to an increase in melanin production.
Post inflammatory hyper pigmentation
This condition arises due to an increased production of melanin because of inflammatory responses. The inflammation occurs during a trauma in the skin layers. It may occur due to various reasons such as acne, skin injury, infections, dermatitis, medications, allergic reactions and some medicines.
Treatment for skin pigmentation
For treating skin pigmentation which occurs because of melanin overproduction, it is recommended for you to get less exposed to sunlight, especially in the affected area. This will prevent the condition from worsening. You should always apply an SP 30+ sunscreen while going out in the sun and cover the affected area from sunlight. The treatment of skin pigmentation depends on several factors, such as the type and cause of pigmentation and the layer of skin where it occurs. There are several modes of treatment, which include pigmentation removal, skin peels, skin needling and many more. These are quite effective in the treatment of different skin pigmentation types.
It is recommended that you consult a skin specialist in case you experience any symptoms of skin pigmentation. This will enable you to have a quick diagnosis and after knowing about the type you are affected with, treatment steps can be started.
What is the permanent cure of dandruff ever. That the dandruff will not occur again. Send your advice and obliged.
She's having severe hair fall. Lot of dandruff and lice. What should she do? Her hair is also becoming very rough.
I have a pimples scars on my face and I have consult with so many dermatologists about this issue they said their is no medicine for scars but their are some medical practices but I do not want to apply those on my face so if you can help me please suggest me some ointment for scars to reduce or clear them from my face.
Apply it half an hour prior to sun exposure
Drink plenty of water