Hair loss has a direct impact on the way you feel about yourself, your self-esteem and confidence. It is also true that it is a very common problem and can be controlled and stopped completely through proper treatment. Ayurvedic treatment for hair loss has long-term effects and it brings out the best results since the issues get rectified from the inside which prevents them from coming back.
Ayurveda and Hair Loss
According to Ayurveda, hair fall is associated with the body type that varies from person to person and also the stability of the mind-body structure. Hair is considered as a byproduct of bone formation, as stated by Ayurveda. The tissues which are responsible for the development of bones are also responsible for hair growth. Diet, yoga, meditation and medicated herbal oil massage are the ayurvedic treatments recommended for hair loss.
Here are some ways through which Ayurveda addresses the problem of hair fall.
1. Dietary modifications - It is important to identify the lifestyle habits that cause hair fall problems. Consumption of excessive alcohol, meat, coffee, tea, and smoking are some of these habits. Hair fall can also be aggravated by indulging in intake of too much greasy, spicy, oily, sour, fried and acidic foods.
Here are some ways suggested by Ayurveda to beat hair fall:
- Hair growth can be stimulated by drinking fresh juices of Pomegranate, carrot, spinach and Kokam.
- Sesame seeds promote hair growth as they are rich in magnesium and calcium.
2. Yoga and meditation - Inverted asanas help in stimulating the blood flow to the head. Additionally, practicing deep breathing exercises to control anxiety, stress and keep the mind balanced is also advisable.
3. Ayurvedic herbs and medicated oil - Bhringaraja, Brahmi, Amla, Neem, Ritha and Ashwagandha are some ayurvedic herbs rich in essential nutrients that help in reducing stress and promoting hair growth. Different types of oils including coconut oil, brahmi oil, amla oil or mustard oil are useful in hair fall.
If you would like to consult with me privately, please click on 'Consult'.