It is a condition Where the hair of a person, loses its pigmentation and turns into grey. In a person who is around 45-50 years old, this is a normal phenomenon. But, sometimes people who are just in their 20's or 30's may also experience premature greying of hair. When the naturally produced hydrogen peroxide bleaches the hair, or the color producing cells, does not develop the pigment anymore, it results in greying of hair. Premature greying of hair is a hereditary disorder.
HOW IS GREYING HAIR DIAGNOSED?
Pulling a single strand of grey hair leads to the growth of multiple grey hair, is just a myth.
Treatments for grey hair
Gray hair is a symptom of inadequate or improper protein intake. Your hair grows white when the melanin pigments are produced in low quantities. As people grow older they develop white hair which is a natural phenomenon. But sometimes, younger people who use certain hair products for their hairdos also get white hair. Known as premature graying of hair white hair can be very disappointing when apparent in your hair do.
The following may be some of the causes for your white hair-
1. Ageing – Growing old can make your hair grow white naturally.
2. Genetic-Premature graying of hair is often a genetic problem.
3. Stress or anxiety- Too much stress can be a factor responsible for white hair.
4. Inadequate sleep- Irregular sleeping patterns and spending sleepless nights can contribute to hair graying which may spoil your hair do.
5. Malnutrition or unhealthy lifestyle- Improper nutrition and unhealthy lifestyle can also result in white hair which may spoil your hair do.
6. Diseases- Certain diseases like thyroid can also cause your hair to grow white.
Premature graying of hair or gray hair can prove to be a great problem for teenagers as well as women who try out various hairstyles and hair dos. Especially when they are planning a hair do before a party or special event gray hair can prove to be a spoiler. Also, at times white hair or premature gray hair can be a very embarrassing problem for men too.
How to prevent white hair?
There are many remedies and home remedies for white hair. They are as follows-
1. People who are well nourished also sometimes develop white hair. Overexposure to sunlight can make your hair grow whiter. So if you cannot figure out your problem and wonder how to stop white hair from being apparent in your hair do, try and avoid overexposure to sunlight.
2. Teenagers suffering from premature graying of hair often wonder how to avoid white hair. Apart from trying home remedies for grey hair they should also make it a point to incorporate vitamins like vitamin A, vitamin B, minerals and proteins in their diet.
3. Home remedies for white hair such as massaging coconut oil onto your scalp can also help you to get rid of your white hair without cramping your hair do.
4. If you are wondering how to get rid of white hair you can try applying henna on your hair. You can consider adding black tea, lemon juice and yogurt to the mixture to get better results.
5. Avoiding antioxidants and nicotinamide can help you to get rid of premature graying of hair.
6. You can also use shikakai and reetha shampoo if you are wondering how to avoid white hair.
7. Amla also proves to be very useful for treating white hair.
Easy how to avoid white hair ways and home remedies for gray hair are provided by the top dermatologists in Bhubaneswar, Chandigarh, Delhi, Faridabad, Ghaziabad etc. listed on Lybrate