Lybrate.com has a number of highly qualified Dermatologists in India. You will find Dermatologists with more than 33 years of experience on Lybrate.com. You can find Dermatologists online in Mumbai and from across India. View the profile of medical specialists and their reviews from other patients to make an informed decision.
Book Clinic Appointment
Laser Hair Removal
Mole Removal Procedure
Skin Care Treatment
Skin Diseases Treatment
Cysts Removal Procedure
Wart Removal Technique
Chronic Skin Allergy Treatment
Stretch Marks Treatment
Tattoo Removal Procedure
Removal Of Stitches Procedure
Corn Removal Procedure
Liver Problems Treatment
Submit a review for Dr. Sanjay FernandesYour feedback matters!
Guided me through. Very deeply and briefly explained in detail how I need to take care
Dear madam I was applying minoxidil 5% initially as suggested by my physician to cure alopecia but my scalp sometimes feels etched or aching on applying it. Should I continue to apply it? Is there any other medicine to prevent alopecia Is fenugreek seeds a good remedy for alopecia.
Good morning Dr. i've been suffering from right hand's palm roughness in winter it gets cracked & bleed but my left hand's palm is good condition. Please tell me what kind ailment is this? & give me medicine. Thanking you
I am going through 2 major problems from the past 5-6 years, 1. Hair loss all over the body consulted various doctors and medical treatment with much improvements but not remarkable, doctors conclude that this is because of Alopecia Area ta and due immune abnormality but even today I could see some patches on my scalp and many places in the body 2. Acidity: every day or at least thrice a week I should Pantocid otherwise the burning sensation creates which is unbearable I am afraid there could be other problems which may impact on a long run but at the moment the first one is the major problem, Just wanted to do we have any diagnosis in Ayurveda which can sure completely and permanently the hair problem, please help.
Hello doctor, I am 18 year old male. I suffer from immense hair thinning and dry dandruff too. I loose about 20-30 hairs daily. Is it because of masturbation?
What mad icons help to stop pimples on your face and what are food necessary to release pimples. Please consult Mey soon.
How to clean black heads. My face getting very dark. Skin is very rough. What to do. And Not Getting Glow also.
Please suggest me how can I stop my hair fall and last few years my hair turns into white question. Please help me.
Hi, I am 23 years old. My hairs are becoming white and half of my hairs are white please send me some advice for this problem as soon as possible.
I have so black marks remains from rashes on my body Nd some marks are of pimples Canyou tell me any tude that can help me to remove these marks.
I am 24 years old, I am suffering dark circles around my eyes, lower and upper part too. Mine is dry skin. And black lips too:(I used a lot of products but there were no use. Please help me.
I am losing my hair in some places on my head, I was using tinaderm, starting when I used this it worked but later on the liquid is not working on my hair growth problem in some places on head, so please help me out.
I am 26 years old girl and have black marks in shoulder and have dandruff problem. Also I lost more hair everyday. Please help to fix my problem.
I have marks on my nose caused by pimples and they are some bumps too. How much does it cost to get it cleared by cosmetic surgery?
Hii .I am 28 yes and I am having light moles on my face neck and stomach from last 2 year .i consult a doctor and he suggested this is freckles .pls tell Me the why it happens and how it can be remove.
Hair loss is a very common problem and a number of people face this issue. There are numerous reasons that can account for hair loss. As we already know, it is normal to lose about 50-100 hair strands in a day. This is because the rate of hair loss can be replenished, however, the moment the hair fall rate increases, hair loss problems start occurring.
Although reasons for hair loss may vary from person to person, here are a few common reasons for hair loss
- Hereditary i.e it happens in people with a family history of baldness
- Post pregnancy is also another phase, which can cause hairfall
- Major illness, surgeries, or severe traumatic events can trigger major hair loss
- Hormonal disturbances like PCOS, menopausal changes etc causes hyperandrogenism which results in hairfall and hair thinning
- Certain medicatition can also cause hairfall
- Physical or emotional shock and extreme stress can cause enormous hair fall
- A diet which lacks sufficient amount of vitamin D, iron, protein, vitamin B12 deficiencies and other required nutrients can be a reason for hair thinning
Now that we have talked about the causes, it is important we discuss the solutions; here is a list of treatments for hair loss which might be very efficient.
- PRP therapy: Platelet rich plasma therapy is a hair restoration therapy which essentially gives natural looking results. Platelet rich plasma is prepared from the patient's own blood using a strict protocol and is injected on scalp with fine needles. Growth factors released from blood cells called platelets do their job and hair re-grows in a very natural way.
- Mesotherapy: This is a treatment that essentially stimulates the mesoderm using superficial microinjections into the target tissues, thus relieving a number of symptoms. In this therapy, the hair follicles grow and survive and proper blood circulation is stimulated.
- Micro needling: This is another method used to treat hair loss. In this treatment the skin is poked with numerous tiny needles causing micro-injury, thereby, causing the skin to stimulate collagen and also induce hair growth on the scalp.
Primarily the underlying disorders need to be addressed with relevant treatments after thorough investigation. Appropriate topical and oral medications are advised. Along with these, the above mentioned procedures are used to treat a problem. If you wish to discuss about any specific problem, you can consult a dermatologist.