27 years experience
Ask Free Question
Dear Lybrateuser, - You have to reduce your weight so that the BP also will come down a few points
- restrict your salt & sugar intake, avoid fried, processed & junk food, foods containing saturated & trans fats, restrict intake of tea, coffee to 1-2 cups
- have more of fibrous foods, fruits, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, sprouts, a handful of nuts
- use healthy fats like in olive, canola oil, walnuts, avocados & fish
- do regular exercise like walking for 30 min, also do yoga, deep breathing & meditation for 10-15 min in the morning
- take BP regularly as advised by your doctor
- consult your cardiologist as the dose of the drug or the drug may be required to be changed.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Hypertension treatment