My father is 51 years diabetic patient whose blood sugar is always high in both sugar levels and use to take insulin dose of 30 in morning and evening. For last couple of months he is always suffering from motion/ vomiting/gastric problem. He don't smoke and drink his weight is 70 kgs I want to know good healthy diet and medication because he is becoming very weak energy less person.
M.sc dietitics and food service management, Diabetes educator
2 years experience
Ask Free Question
loose your extra weight this will not only lower your blood but also helps lowering your blood pressure and cholesterol too. You need to bring a little change in your life style, routine and diet. Diet control and exercise are equally important diet should be based on ideal body weight. Split your meals into 6 times per day and eating in fair and consistent amount. No long grapes and skipping of meals. Never miss out breakfast. Include high fibre and complex carbohydrates food in your diet. Avoid sugar ,fried foods, processed food.
You can consult me privately online on Lybrate I will give you diet chart for diabetic.
5 years experience
Ask Free Question
Diabetes can be controlled/managed by a proper regulated diet and exercise.
1. Eat every two hours mini meals. Don't eat big meals. Take more green vegetables/salads.
2. Eat whole grain food/grains like ragi, wheat, jowar instead of refined grains like maida/ sooji/ white bread etc.
3. Reduce foods with high GI Index like potato, white rice, banana, mango.
4. Avoid all forms of simple sugars like Colas, juices, sweets, cakes, biscuits, pizzas, noodles etc.
5. Eat daily fruits with low/medium GI index like apple, guava, mosambi, orange.
6. Eat lot of proteins like dals, sprouts, egg, chicken etc with every minimeal.
7. Drink lot of water. One glass every hour.
8. Do at least 30-45 mins of exercise everyday.
1 person found this helpful
Was this answer helpful?
Thank you for your feedback.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.
Book appointment with top doctors for Diabetes treatment