My mom had acute diabetes. She died due to renal failure. Is there chances that I too could suffer from diabetes.

My mom had acute diabetes. She died due to renal failure....
May be.
Mr. lybrate-user, T2 diabetes is passed on from parents to children. So there is a possibility of you getting it. With a BMI of 29.28 kgs/M2 you are very close to grade 1 obesity. This can precipitate diabetes. More so because of family history. If you adapt a modified lifestyle meaning take restricted diet, maintain near normal weight (Ideal body weight 67 kgs), avoid sweets, junk foods, deep fried foods, pastries and bakery items and sweetened aerted drinks. Consume more of green leafy vegetables and salads plus exercise regularly for over 1 hour a day, it is possible to prevent diabetes. Thanks. Also refrain from alcohol and smoking.
Hi, Hereditary is one of the cause for Diabetes. To be safer, Maintain ideal weight. Have balanced food. Restrict the use of high calorie food. Walk 30 min a day.