My dad is a diabetic patient but he do drink alcohol. Is it harmful for his health? How can I convince him not to drink. Even he is not taking proper medicines. He is repeating same tables.

My dad is a diabetic patient but he do drink alcohol. Is ...
Alcohol bad for diabetics scare him that he might get heart attack or paralysis if something happens how your family can survive if hes unwell.
alcohol in any quantity is bad for health in a normal person and more so in a person with diabetes. Plus taking regular treatment for diabetes is a must. Please understand diabetes is just not increase in sugar, it affects every single organ in the body like eyes (retina- leading to blindness), affects blood vessels supplying lower limbs and heart, leading to ulcers on the non healing on foot, going up to amputation, coronary artery disease causing silent heart attacks, kidney damage and neuropathy. So controlling blood sugar effectively is absolutely essential as well as avoiding alcohol consumption. Alcohol affects liver, patient fail to recognise hypoglycemia, affects stomach causing gastritis. Talk to him about these things, may get convinced. Thanks for the question.