Hi doctor, my father is aged 55 and is suffering from diabetes for which he is taking hamdard diabeat and for thyroid he is taking thyronorm 75 mcg. He has got stroke (ischemic stroke) few months back and is recovering. But, he has also been diagnosed with high serum creatinine and blood urea levels. Creatinine was 3.39 in the recent report and blood urea level were 91.21 and blood urea nitrogen is 42.03. Please suggest me some ayurvedic or unani treatment and what type of food to avoid. Thanks a lot.

I am sorry to hear about your concern, but will be happy to assist you. Elevated creatinine level signifies impaired kidney function or kidney disease. As the kidneys become impaired for any reason, the creatinine level in the blood will rise due to poor clearance of creatinine by the kidneys. Abnormally high levels of creatinine thus warn of possible malfunction or failure of the kidneys. Let's connect over a call so that we can discuss your concern in details and make a suitable treatment plan for you.
Hello, Thanks for the query. Let me clarify that I am not an Ayurvedic doctor. So I am not suggesting that kind of treatment. However, looking his very creatinine, urea and protein levels, I felt like answering the query. These values clearly show that he has a serious issue with his kidneys. Kidneys are not at all properly functioning. He is heading towards end stage diabetes related kidney failure. So please consult an appropriate diabetologist locally, he needs Insulin treatment and specific treatment for improving his kidney functioning. There is no other option. I hope you understand. Thanks.