Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

Pioglitazone is the tablet which is recommend by one of the doctor on youtube for person who want to increase there weight. M diabetic type 2 from last 3 years last hba1c was 7.2. My height is 5.5 and which is 61. I want to increase my weight. Pls doctors recommend me can I go for this tablet any side effect. M taking debastole gm once a day. Do I need to take both medicine or one only. Pls guide doctors.

2 Doctors Answered
Dear User, as your hba1c level is higher than normal value, I would suggest you please consult a endocrinologist or a family physician, and take medicine under prescription and guidance only. The doctor will only suggest you to need to gain weight or not. Thank you.
2 people found this helpful
Your blood sugar is high. That's why you are losing weight. Take proper medicine toco tell it first. Then there is possibility of increasing weight.
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.