So you have diabetes
, so what's next?
1. You should definitely get good. First of all, you should start liking your eating plans and physical exercise schedules needs to be reframed.
2. Eating with diabetes doesn't mean starvation, you can eat but you should eat right and avoid certain foods. In fact, if you are a foodie then you should choose healthier options or the one which don't harm you.
3. Nachos can be great option if you are starving and walk in the restaurant. It has lesser calories and carbs as compared to other fattening foods. Battered fish dinners can be a great option when managing with your weight and diabetes.
4. Avoid fried foods if you are having diabetes. Indian
traditional snack of roasted black gram
seeds is great on providing energy and nutrition but resist the carbs intake. It's helpful as diabetic
food. List is endless.
5. Ayurveda medicines, herbals, naturals can be of great help. You have high chances of depending solely on these if you are not insulin dependent yet. These may have (or my not) to be life long but then what's the difference between taking ayurveda if to be taken for life? there's benefit.
There will be no side effect (if taken as per ayurveda doctor's/ vaidya's directions), which is not possible in modern, rapid, toxic medicines.
Some remedies such as cinnamon
decoction/ strain are excellent weight reducers as well as blood glucose regulators similar to'periploca of the woods' or'ram's horn (meshashringi)' but latter is not known as weight reducer'paneer ka phool' - withania coagulans reduces blood sugar
as well as cholesterol.
So selection of medicines has to be as per set of symptoms a patient presents.
Quality selection of herbs is also important e. G. Cinnamon of dark color is not much beneficial and regular and more concentrated decoction may harm too while ceylon cinnamon is more results oriented.