I delivered my 2nd baby one month ago via c section. Now from few days I have hard painful lump in my right breast. Dr. Said its milk abcess. He give antibiotic claribid 250 for 10 days and told if it not cure then it have to be cut and remove. But 2 days after taking antibiotic there is no improvement. I still have pain. So is it possible to treat abcess with medicine or it need surgery? Should I wait for complete the dose of antibiotic or do surgery? Pls suggest.

If the lump is very hard and and you have pain and fever it needs to be drained. If not then try taking antibiotics for 3-4 days to see if it softens.
Hi, you should complete the 10 day course of claribid if the abscess is not increasing in size during this period and the pain is getting better- you should keep expressing the milk during this time. You can breastfeed from the other breast just before taking the claribid and avoid breastfeeding for the next 2 hours. The abscess may dry up with the antibiotic. However, if it still increases in size, it will need to be drained by making a small cut over it and allowing the pus to drain.
NO...TAKING ANTIBIOTICS IN CASE OF BREAST ENGORGEMENT WILL CAUSE SOMETHING CALLED ANTIBIOMA. ABSCESS IN ANY PART OF THE BODY NEED TO BE DRAINED SURGICALLY. AN ENGOREGMENT CAN BE MANAGED MEDICALLY BUT NOT ABSCESS. DONT WAIT