My sugar level fasting 124 and pp 264 as a medication I am taking glimbride 1 mg with metformin 500 mg twice morning and night while taking breakfast and lunch I am taking acarbose 25 mg I am a diabetic since 2004 pl suggest.

Hello, thanks for the query. I have seen the details. It is clear that diabetes needs to be better controlled. Ideally in wll controlled diabetes fasting glucose should be < 100 mg or closer to 100 mg, pp 150 to 170 mg & hba1c% (not mentioned)< 7. To achieve better glucose control you will have to look at diet, extent of daily exercise and maintaining near normal weight. Since there is no information about weight, height, extent of exercise, diet pattern, lipid profile and bp, it is difficult give any specific suggestions. Thanks.
Thank you for your enquiry. First thing I want to ask you that if you have taken your medicines before food on the day of testing. Secondly I would like you to go for hba1c test for better prescription and advise. Lastly I would like to streamline and optimise your treatment with reduced number of tablets. For further information and advise you may book an online consultation with me on Lybrate. Thank you. Take care.
You can increase the dose of all medicines you are taking but in consultation with your physician.