Consult Online With India's Top Doctors
Common Specialities
Common Issues
Common Treatments

I am 65 years old a non-diabetic cardiac patient I have been advised to use Lipaglyn (Saroglitazar) Tablets 4 mg to control triglycerides, I am reluctant to take this as this tablet is used for diabetic type 2 patients. Please advise being a non-diabetic patient can I take this medicine to control hypertriglyceridemia.

2 Doctors Answered
Lipaglyn is indicated for the treatment of hypertriglyceridemia in Type II diabetics. It lowers the high blood triglycerides as well as blood sugar, and improves the insulin resistance. U should ask your doctor about this.
2 people found this helpful
Saroglitazaar is not used for Diabetes Mellitus, but used to reduce blood Triglycerides level. Other than this medication, Niacin or Fenofibrate can also be used to reduce Triglycerides. Reduction in Triglycerides can have positive effect on the blood sugar levels.
1 person found this helpful
Suggestions offered by doctors on Lybrate are of advisory nature i.e., for educational and informational purposes only. Content posted on, created for, or compiled by Lybrate is not intended or designed to replace your doctor's independent judgment about any symptom, condition, or the appropriateness or risks of a procedure or treatment for a given person.